Audio Recording with Cubase sx3

Thanks again for your support !!!

Ok, to answer your questions:
1 I use PC windows XP
2 Cubase SX3
3 Computer soundcard is using the USB sound codec that comes from the mixer
to reproduce audio (there is another called windows sound wave or similar)
4 Mixer is Alesis multitrack 8 usb is linked to the computer via usb cable
5 Korg Pa1X is linked via usb cable directly into cumputer (works fine)
6 The computer drivers is Asio Full Dupex Driver
7 When I record an audio track alone is fine
8 When I record a second one, I hear the first track playing
9 Second audio track also records first track
10 All udio instruments (voice, guitars, sax) are going to the computer through the Alesis Mixer.
11 On the inspector in cubase my in/out audio says Asio Multimedia Driver and I can only choose between mono/stereo and L or R. No other drivers or devices shows up.
12 On my device setup menu I have two drivers: the Usb sound codec and a Wavesith Microsoft driver. I have selected the USB drivers
13 Buffer size is 540

Voila....dont't know at this stage what else I could tell you...hope this gives you a clearer indication of my set up and hopfully you all could help me with this.

Thanks again

Gabmeyer

My guess is that your monitor mix is coming back via the the 2TK and you are recording the mains, not the individual channels like you should be. Make sure the 2TK to MIX switch is not pressed in and the 2TK switch is pressed. Also (i didnt go through the whole thread, so this may have been mentioned already) make sure that you have you mono recording busses set up as mono channels corresponding to the mixer channels in VST connections. The multimix records and sends each mono channel AND the LR main outs. You should be recording just the mono outs (or stereo pairs) and not the mains.

Back