Audio interface to receiver Help!

I would get an ART DTI (Dual Transformer Isolator) box (about 65 dollars), and go from there. 1/4" TRS jacks into the DTI from the Focusrite and RCA cables out of the DTI and into your stereo. Make sure you don't jack up the output of the Focusrite too much, or you'll overload the inputs on the stereo. Use the Focusrite Control app to check your output out of the 2i2. That monitor knob definitely should NOT be turned all the way up, that's for sure.

I use something like this:

I route the mains to my monitors, tape to my stereo and headphones, well to my headphone amp. I set the levels and adjust the main mix. I referenced the 5 series, but the 8 series looks pretty good.

I used simple 1/4" to RCA cables to connect my 6i6 to my home theater system. I didn't have any issues with hum. The outputs of the Scarlett series are electronically balanced so they should be compatible with unbalanced connection. Adapters are probably fine, but doing it with cables that have the proper connectors on each end removes a potential point of failure.

Here's a cheap option. You can spend more for nicer cables, but these will probably work fine.

https://www.amazon.com/TNP-Premium-Dual-Audio-Cable/dp/B01CNMSRAW/

If the receiver has a good isolated supply, a standard 1/4 unbalanced t-s to RCA should work fine. If you have a hum, then you either have to use signal transformers or capacitors to isolate the ground loop.

Back