Audio Drop outs on pc

Thomasgreco

i have this strange dilemma that happens sometimes. I will be recording, playing back or simply listening to Itunes and my audio will stop for a millisec. If you look at the screen you can see the forward progress on the DAW slow down and stop then catch up a sec later and of course there is this hi pitched shrill sound then audio resumes. Anyone with a clue/ I thought maybe power AC issues but i have a power conditioner. Maybe switching processor to processor as I have a Quad Core intel. Does anyone have this issues and any advice? Thx in advance!

Anyone?

I should mention I running a Motu ultralite mk3 firewire interface into a PC with XP as OS and 4 gigs of ram and a Quad core processor. I've changed FW cables a few times and still get this intermittent shut down for a quick second or so.:confused:

Need more info on your setup.

Are you using a Texas Instruments firewire chipset on the computer (Motu and most other firewire interface manufacturers REQUIRE it for proper operation)

What drives are you recording to? (Your computer may be interrupting the flow of data to do housekeeping chores if everything is on the boot drive...) That wouldn't interrupt iTunes tho...

You might have something interrupting the processes.... a virus or even a wireless card. Lots of things can cause dropouts.

audio dropouts reply

Yes I'm using TI firewire via my Mother Board and separate pci card by SIIG. I keep my programs on one drive and recorded stuff and samples on another. But ya that wouldn't affect Itunes. Oh i should say I get the same drop out when listening to C.D's in the CD rom drive. Well no viruses and no wireless either. I'm thinking old building with low amperage maybe. Power conditioners can't repair that.

Audio drop out issues need input (Help!)

If anyone has had something like what is happening to me please advise. Thanks!

Back