attention "Pros"

Milkfaj

Have any of the "know-it-all" jerks on this site that claim to be "PROS" ever recorded anything I've heard of??? Can I hear the fruits of your infinite skills and knowladge of the craft on the radio? can I buy it at the store?

Drop some names people, or else ill just assume you're all full of it. I would assume that most "pro" recording engineers would be too busy recording great music, and wouldnt have time for endless internet arguments about equiptment and "who has really great skills"

This is my first non-constructive post. I love this site and there are some REALLY helpful, nice, knowladgable people on it. But there are some real dingleberrys on it who I am sick of. I'll refrain from finger pointing.

Milkfaj said:
Have any of the "know-it-all" jerks on this site that claim to be "PROS" ever recorded anything I've heard of???

any "no-nothing" jerks ever read the title of the site: "home recording dot com" as in "home" or "personal".. get it? like in "not necessarily professional because it is a home hobby studio"?

sheesh they let anyone in this place :eek:

Milkfaj said:
Have any of the "know-it-all" jerks on this site that claim to be "PROS" ever recorded anything I've heard of??? Can I hear the fruits of your infinite skills and knowladge of the craft on the radio? can I buy it at the store?

Drop some names people, or else ill just assume you're all full of it. I would assume that most "pro" recording engineers would be too busy recording great music, and wouldnt have time for endless internet arguments about equipment and "who has really great skills"

This is my first non-constructive post. I love this site and there are some REALLY helpful, nice, knowladgable people on it. But there are some real dingleberrys on it who I am sick of. I'll refrain from finger pointing.
Geez, where to begin? Come to think of it, never mind. I'm semi-retired, so I have time to post here. My son Alex, and our second engineer Scott, usually do most of the sessions these days at our studio; I'll sometimes do a session for fun.

But, yes, I kinda consider myself a "pro". I know that a few "pro's" that I'm friends with consider me a "pro".

Milkfaj said:
Have any of the "know-it-all" jerks on this site that claim to be "PROS" ever recorded anything I've heard of???
Strictly as a side-note: I think most people have never heard the vast, VAST majority of professionally recorded material.

I remember going over the Grammy ballot this year... I never heard, or at least wasn't familiar with at least 90% of who was on the ballot. Hell, I had two on the ballot that I never heard of! :eek: :D Just kidding - I heard of them. But I would imagine 90% of everyone else voting didn't (one of the reason they didn't make it through nomination, no doubt :o There's always next year). But this is the Grammys for cryin' out loud - And 1 in 10 - maybe - had I heard of before.

Every professional recording will not have the familiarity of a Billboard top 10 hit. It would have to be the top 10,000 (which would then be too many to remember and/or listen to anyway).

Massive Master said:
Strictly as a side-note: I think most people have never heard the vast, VAST majority of professionally recorded material.

I remember going over the Grammy ballot this year... I never heard, or at least wasn't familiar with at least 90% of who was on the ballot. Hell, I had two on the ballot that I never heard of! :eek: :D Just kidding - I heard of them. But I would imagine 90% of everyone else voting didn't (one of the reason they didn't make it through nomination, no doubt :o There's always next year). But this is the Grammys for cryin' out loud - And 1 in 10 - maybe - had I heard of before.

Every professional recording will not have the familiarity of a Billboard top 10 hit. It would have to be the top 10,000 (which would then be too many to remember and/or listen to anyway).
Lots of demos get professionally recorded and no one ever hears them either...

scottboyher said:
I have a ton of pro stuff that I have recorded..

Here is my list.

Me, Myself, and I.

Anyway, you can take a listen for $18 dollars a CD..

You have prolly heard of me before.. King Rat Bastard..

You can download it here.

http://www.ampland.com

DUUUDE!!! I like your site. The best music I ever saw, I mean heard.

Oh, you must be talking about me and how I always call myself a pro.

Well, I made like $40 once and a few bags of weed.

So I'm a pro, fuck you.

This is the dumbest thread EVER!

Massive Master said:
Excellent point...
It just gets old to see people (and there have been quite a few of them very recently) come on this board and either bash us for not being "pro" and that we don't know shit, or coming in here and pissing all over about how the "pros" on this site are nobody wanna-be's. I mean, I am not a pro by any standard, and I don't know all that I should know. But at least I can recognize the fact that this is a HOME RECORDING site, not a pro site. There are professionals here, who own and operate active studios, and who work in the "industry". I am quite certain that Harvey doesn't have to be here, and giving his advice for free to us, which I appreciate more than anyone. And I think Bruce could do nicely running his studio and never coming in here to help us with mixing. I don't think anyone should come in here and start bashing people.

professional: One who earns a living in a given or implied occupation

guess that makes me a pro. you probably have never heard anything i've done, but it pays the bills....so i'm a professional.

I dont do this for a living but I make some pretty good side money in the evenings and the weekends......

Does that make me a PRO?

Why yes it does :D

OH GUYS, don't complain this hard !
ever visited HOMERECORDING.BE ???? now that place totally sucks !
there you only find stupid kids that don't know shit about anything,
they ask the most stupid questions in the world,
and funny thing is,
there's no one to answer it cause they all got the same questions...

at least over here there's lots of people who have some expierience,
there's people with a real big mouth, but i love that,
i like internet wars, people flaming each other, people getting banned,
EXITING, RIGHT ?!
i like this place cause there's always several people who don't agree!
thats important ! years ago i knew ONE PRO engineer,
i listened to all he said, with my eyes closed,
he made me buy junk ass equipment cause HE LIKED IT,
he said "thats the best compressor on earth",
and years later i found this forum, asked about the compressor
and suddenly there's 8 different opinions !! so then i go look up more info,
thats great

so it comes down to this:

BOW DOWN TO NONE AND SAY WHATEVER THE FUNK YOU WANT :D(*)

(*)i am not responsible for the consequences

Back