Artists Signature Guitars

Thought I'd weigh in here. I'm not a huge fan of signature guitars, but I do have the Elliot Easton signature SG which I LOVE! He's a great player with a huge lefty collection and excellent taste in guitars. He had always wanted a SG custom without that annoying middle pickup. I also like that he's a fellow lefty. ;)

Enjoy - Brian
flock2.jpg
That's pretty cool bunch. Must be much harder to get decent stuff for a lefty, your choice must be well limited.

I think that most guitars are named after some dude...

Orville Gibson
Leo Fender
Friedrich Gretsch
Paul Reed Smith

:D

I think brand vs model somehow makes a difference. When you are buying a brand you are buying their craftsmanship. When you are buying a sig model maybe it's more like you want that guy's sound? I don't know.

I'm pretty sure that, technically, a Les Paul is a signature guitar...

It is I guess but it is so institutional, so common, so diverse, I don't think people think of it that way. You can get Standards, Specials, Traditionals, signatures, recording, Les Pauls with Bigsby's or floating tremelos, single coils, semi-hollow, compartmented, different thicknesses, neck styles, etc. These differences are huge and basically make them completely different guitars. And then there are several signature models under that.

Last edited:
I think brand vs model somehow makes a difference. When you are buying a brand you are buying their craftsmanship. When you are buying a sig model maybe it's more like you want that guy's sound? I don't know.

I was being a smartass. But I pretty much agree.

The thing that bugs me most is the models that literally have some guitarist's signature on them. But I guess that my Les Paul has an actual signature on it. Sheesh, hard for me not to be hypocritical here.

I was being a smartass. But I pretty much agree.

The thing that bugs me most is the models that literally have some guitarist's signature on them. But I guess that my Les Paul has an actual signature on it. Sheesh, hard for me not to be hypocritical here.

Yeah, like why would anyone want to perform with an Eddie Van Halen paint job? That seems ridiculous to me, unless you are in a Van Halen cover band.

Unfortunately, it seems to happen so often to him. Self-control behind a keyboard has never been his strong point.
When the forum conspiracy fucktards or the disinformation, opinion as fact group are posting shit, he can't let it go.

How about this kind of artist signature guitar?

g&l.jpg

Signed by:
Richie Hayward, Bill Payne, Kenny Gradney, Fred Tackett and Paul Barrere of Little Feat
Leon Russell
Robert Randolph
Tab Benoit
Anders Osbourne
Eric Lindell and Myles Weeks (from Eric Lindell Band)
Chris Mule and Aaron Wilkinson from The Honey Island Swamp Band (currently my favorite band)
and Billy Iuso

Most of these guys are New Orleans musicians that you may or may not have heard. But seriously, check out Honey Island Swamp Band. If you like a mix of all kinds of tunes from cajun, country, rock and roll they do it all...and well.

And by the way, this a 1981 G&L SC-2 which I bought in 1983 or 84 for $150. And that included an amp.

Back