Artificial Warbling?

naitmusic

Hi i need to know how to do an effect that ive been trying to do for ages. Its used in alot of songs, its like a sort of Artificial warble, they use it alot in techno songs, and they use it to make it sound like the singer can vibrate his or her voice, to make them sound like they can warble their voices? Does anyone know what im talking about? I really need to do this effect. Does anyone know how i can do it? :confused: :(

I'd have to hear what you're talking about, but my guess is that you're referring to extreme settings of Autotune. If the effect is like Cher used on "Believe," or Kid Rock used in the beginning of "God Knows Why," then that's it.

I wonder whether anyone has managed to achieve this with the autotune-like new feature in AA1.5? I suspect to get it working really well regardless of the program used, the singer would need to know what style of vocal delivery best suits the effect.

thats it! yah Cher used it in Believe! Can this be done in Adobe Audition? Or do i have to get another program to do it? Please help! :confused:

thanks for all your help in advance! :D

naitmusic said:
thats it! yah Cher used it in Believe! Can this be done in Adobe Audition? Or do i have to get another program to do it? Please help! :confused:

thanks for all your help in advance! :D
I understand that the BRAND SPANKING NEW Adobe Audition 1.5 has some kind of pitch correction (Autotunelike) effect that might work, but I have not had an opportunity to upgrade yet.

Autotune is a separate program made by Antares.

http://www.computersandmusic.com/xcgi/SoftCart.exe/store1/antares/autotune.html?E+mystore1

Although, I think Autotune 4 is out now.

Good luck,
Chris

learn something new every day!!

ive always wondered how they do that as well..think i can find a free version of that? oh and big honest mango were almost neighbors!!! (waco)

scottyd said:
ive always wondered how they do that as well..think i can find a free version of that? oh and big honest mango were almost neighbors!!! (waco)
HOWDY NEIGHBOR!!!

I'm gonna' send you a PM.

Ok ive got Anatares Autotune 4 but its SO hard to use!!! How do i use the tune correction? Im so confused and the tutorial that comes with it is just as confusing... :eek: Im using Adobe Audition (duh :D ) and i dont know how to load my midi so that Autotune 4 can copy it! Help! :confused:

Last edited:
naitmusic said:
I'm sure there are forums out there that are probably going to be more helpful for that plugin than this forum, but as a starting point, run it in "Auto" mode (not "graphic" mode), figure out what key the song is in, and set the two knobs on the left as seen in the attached pic. These are SUPER fast settings, which gives it that "warbly" effect. Then just experiment with variations until you get the sound you like. If you CAN'T, you may have to use graphic mode, which would take me about a week to explain here.

Keep in mind, it only works on "single note" tracks...like a vocal, or a violin...but not on a guitar chord (i.e., more than one note).

Attachments

• antares.gif
    antares.gif
    62.4 KB · Views: 60
Back