Area 51 Love Triangle

Wacky indeed!

Really fun...tons of dynamics...love the abundance of drastic change from sparse rocking bits to guitar chaos and so forth. Seems like an abundance of bright, mid-rangey sounds throughout...kind of odd sonically, but at the same time...kind of cool for this piece.

Very entertaining and original as always...

I am amazed that you're not a star somewhere. You are the weirdest, funnest, most bizarre and innovative song crafter I think I've ever come across... You freak. :)

I am amazed that you're not a star somewhere. You are the weirdest, funnest, most bizarre and innovative song crafter I think I've ever come across... You freak. :)

Good point - Snakedog you definitely have the goods. Skillz/energy/creativity that's what the industry looks for. The piece is great. Are you using a keyboard somewhere in the recesses of the mix? If not then it's a cool guitar effect from that Line amp. The raunchy rhythm patch is cool so is the lead.

I hate it when you're out scopin' chicks and the ex shows up.....:D

Wacky indeed!

Really fun...tons of dynamics...love the abundance of drastic change from sparse rocking bits to guitar chaos and so forth. Seems like an abundance of bright, mid-rangey sounds throughout...kind of odd sonically, but at the same time...kind of cool for this piece.

Very entertaining and original as always...

Thanks! Yeah I was looking to have some fun with this so I picked a few presets on the amp and switched it around a few times throughout the tune for the dynamics. Sonically I ended up with way too many tracks to probably mix properly (28) and since I was messing with a new amp I didn't do any software EQing, but just straight off the mixing board.. so I kinda ignored the usual mids to see what would happen.. I'll take a look at it. Glad you enjoyed it! Cheers :D

Hey Llarion, thanks a lot, I really appreciate the kind words :) I've thought about trying to start up a band of weird people or join one around phoenix, but haven't quite done it yet... so maybe someday :D

Good point - Snakedog you definitely have the goods. Skillz/energy/creativity that's what the industry looks for. The piece is great. Are you using a keyboard somewhere in the recesses of the mix? If not then it's a cool guitar effect from that Line amp. The raunchy rhythm patch is cool so is the lead.

I hate it when you're out scopin' chicks and the ex shows up.....:D

Hey Gerry, yeah this story ends up even more depressing when after his ex shows up his new girl gets taken away in love by a robot :o Hehe, anyway, the only keyboard part is that one in the intro which repeats a few times throughout. I think I remember you being a big a CCR fan like me... if so, and you like the alien style here I have a really bad cover I did the same night on my page from them (a rough draft) to check out "It came out of the sky" Anyway, thanks Gerry :D

I think I remember you being a big a CCR fan like me... if so, and you like the alien style here I have a really bad cover I did the same night on my page from them (a rough draft) to check out "It came out of the sky" Anyway, thanks Gerry :D

Sounds cool - I like it!:D

That's pretty amazing. It's like the Flaming Lips' tour bus ran into "World Party" and they made a song.

There's so much going on in the mix, and you've made so many sound choices that it's impossible to critique it...that lead tone wouldn't work in many songs, but it works in this one, lol. See what I mean?

I'm impressed.

FUNky,
Still lots of Voiodoidness - which is tres cool.
Snakedog & the Ashes' Uprising
I can't decide whether I want a little more control in the mix or not - Conservative achieve potential me versus letitallhangout me.
Nevertheless this is feral fun from a snakedog of a gun.
Oh, & clever references in the title sub'ing Area 51 for Bizarre!

Last edited:
That's pretty amazing. It's like the Flaming Lips' tour bus ran into "World Party" and they made a song.

There's so much going on in the mix, and you've made so many sound choices that it's impossible to critique it...that lead tone wouldn't work in many songs, but it works in this one, lol. See what I mean?

I'm impressed.

Hey Chris, glad you had fun with it! Yeah I end up making a bunch of strange style choices while mixing that I thought sounded cool... AND I keep telling myself to make these mixes simple to make mixing life easier, but again... here I ended up with 28 tracks. That's probably about as hard to critique as it is to mix :D Thanks for the kind words man, appreciate it

FUNky,
Still lots of Voiodoidness - which is tres cool.
Snakedog & the Ashes' Uprising
I can't decide whether I want a little more control in the mix or not - Conservative achieve potential me versus letitallhangout me.
Nevertheless this is feral fun from a snakedog of a gun.
Oh, & clever references in the title sub'ing Area 51 for Bizarre!

What's up Ray? Cool review. Yeah adding "Area 51" "Alien" and/or "SPACE ROCK" always helps in getting away with music of the bizarre :D I was thinking of trying a more controlled mix, just to see how it turns out in comparison. Not sure of the frequency range for like Machines Guns though but there's more I shirley could mess with. I will ask the aliens during my next abduction :D

I finally got the chance to listen. Once again, you hit out of the park. Your songs are a love party with the Talking Heads, the B-52's and Jimi Hendrix.

Groovy man!!! :D :cool: :eek: :p :cool:

Totally wacky dude!!
Nice vox expressionisms. Kinda scary (in a good way) at times:eek:Give me some of your inspiration.:D

T

Nice man.. love that keyboard/bass it opens with. One of the funnest songs i've heard in a long time. I actually think from a songwriting standpont you get better and better the more i hear. I'ts really cool stuff man. No real mix advice i think the sound you got fits it perfectly. Alot of fun listening to this man.
Take care

Gary

I finally got the chance to listen. Once again, you hit out of the park. Your songs are a love party with the Talking Heads, the B-52's and Jimi Hendrix.

Groovy man!!! :D :cool: :eek: :p :cool:

Arrrrrrrrrggh Irrrish pirate! Thx for the listen, glad you enjoyed it, sure was a fun tune to record :D:)

Totally wacky dude!!
Nice vox expressionisms. Kinda scary (in a good way) at times:eek:Give me some of your inspiration.:D

T

Hehe, yeah I have little inspiration to give with the improv singing.. but I'll try lyrics-wise... check this out... http://www.outofservice.com/country/ :rolleyes:

Nice man.. love that keyboard/bass it opens with. One of the funnest songs i've heard in a long time. I actually think from a songwriting standpont you get better and better the more i hear. I'ts really cool stuff man. No real mix advice i think the sound you got fits it perfectly. Alot of fun listening to this man.
Take care

Gary

Hey Gary, good to hear from you man! Appreciate the kind words, I'm working on songwriting that keeps the fun and wild side in the tune while recording... I'm
trying to improve the sound quality too :o:D:cool::D

Back