are they serious?

Well, you know how kids are these days. It's all about image and less about talent, it seems...

On the other hand, as long as they all sound the same, might as well get the cooler color option, right? Except they probably don't sound the same and the coloring will probably chip off when you beat on it...

It's not just the 'kids' is it? I have seen 20,30 and 40-somethings buying into the same trip... it's pretty funny.

Not that anyone shouldn't pursue their dreams and/or rock out, at any age.

ZBT's are made by Zildjian, its the Planet Z's that they outsource.

Regardless, the Paiste Colorsounds from 20 years ago were actually cool.

I remember Zildjian's Platinum line in the 80's cracking and chipping like there was no tomorrow. That was the first thing I thought of when I saw these.

The Plantinum line, while prone to chipping away, actually sounded good. The best pair of hats I ever played were Platinum New Beats, my high school had them. Awesome hats.

surely sounds like crap, but what's inherently wrong with playing with the looks of cymbals? I personally think those cymbals look stupid, but I think that loving the way your instrument looks goes a long way towards loving to play it (and adding to the fun and entertainment for the audience). And even I gotta admit that a matt black kit with these cymbals could look pretty cool :cool:

Yep, that scheme is directed mainly to newbs or nonmusicians. Any coating will alter the cymbal's sound. If you want flavor, apply something after you buy it; like mayonnaise, peanut butter, anchovies, etc.

Naked cymbals FOR THE WIN! :cool:

It's somewhat interesting for them to try different looking cymbals, but I just feel that there's not enough zippers or cockrings bolted through it to satisfy the serious Hot Topic enthusiast.

knowing how the sound can be affected in brass instruments ( i was a trombonist) this is seriously stupid... i guess they sound dark??? i once played on a reynolds trombone that belonged to JJ Johnson it was laquered black... worst piece of shit i ever played...

Back