Apollo Twin and Behringer Ultralink Pro mx882

BaconEgg

Hello all,

I use an Apollo Twin in combination with a Neve 1073LB 500 series. This works well, but I often have to change XLR cables, since I use many different microphones.

A Behringer Ultralink Pro mx882 would solve a lot;

Microphone 1 --> Behringer Ultralink Pro Left channel --> Neve 1073LB --> Apollo Twin
Microphone 2 --> Behringer Ultralink Pro Left channel --> Neve 1073LB --> Apollo Twin
Microphone 3 --> Behringer Ultralink Pro Left channel --> Neve 1073LB --> Apollo Twin
Microphone 4 --> Behringer Ultralink Pro Right channel --> Apollo Twin
Microphone 5 --> Behringer Ultralink Pro Right channel --> Apollo Twin
Avalon Di --> Behringer Ultralink Pro Right channel --> Apollo Twin

In this way I can also record 2 microphones at the same time for a guitar amplifier, for example. Or bass guitar DI at the same time as a microphone in front of the amplifier.

The setup above works well, but I'm afraid it might be at the expense of sound quality. The Neve and Apollo are of course a lot more expensive than the Behringer. Therefore my question:

Does anyone here have experience with the Behringer Ultralink Pro? Does the Behringer cause quality loss, or is this nil?

Looks good... from what I see, quality loss is null (or virtually inexistent). Behringer is a great brand. I don't have this model in particular, but I think it would work well in your application.

Heck, even Walmart sells it!

Hello all,

I use an Apollo Twin in combination with a Neve 1073LB 500 series. This works well, but I often have to change XLR cables, since I use many different microphones.
Why do you have to change XLR cables? - Microphones all use the same XLR unless there really old Hi-Z TS microphones.

Does anyone here have experience with the Behringer Ultralink Pro? Does the Behringer cause quality loss, or is this nil?
You are not going to notice any degradation of audio from the Behringer, the Apollo or the Neve.

Back