Anyone making backing tracks?

anoopbal

Is there anyone who makes backing tracks or know who makes backing tracks to have my vocals over?

Thank you :guitar:
Anoop

I'd imagine there are lots of us who do this kind of thing, although there are probably more who fall over when they find out how much it costs. Some people will want to include the copyright clearance, while others might be willing to just produce it and leave that to you.

Cost wise it depends on the orchestration and how far your budget goes. So real strings, or sampled. People and time are your money factors. Where abouts are you?

Google "backing tracks for singers" and pick one of the vendors listed and buy the tracks from them.
Or use the free ones on Youtube.

Thanks everyone for the replies and the links. The problem is mine is bollywood. There are some bollywood karaoke sites but the quality isn't that good. And the one I was looking for is a new song.

I have seen some custom karaoke for 150 too 200. But I am not sure about the quality. a lot of them are companies in UK and the everything in pound is almost double in dollars. And they don't offer a sample. you have to pay upfront.

NEVER pay upfront without hearing something of the same genre. If it's Bollywood, then the right instruments are pretty vital. I don't think I'd even attempt it as it's a totally out of my competence sphere of music. I could probably copy most of a track, but the time would be silly. Are there not music producers from that continent who would be better, quicker and cheaper?

Thanks for the reply Rob. I am in US so I don't know anybody back there.

Usually, what they do is just work on the section where there is voice and leave the rest. So it is basically the beats and the ambience. And I am fine with most of it if it has a decent beat and some ambience to fill the back. I have attached a song that they took the vocals out and added instruments just in the vocal sections.

Attachments

• Muskurane - City Lights - Cover by Anoop.mp3
    5.1 MB · Views: 10
Be careful with the ones saying "pay me and I'll show you a sample". Their references should be up on their website. Bollywood is a very specific genre and I'd be careful if I don't hear anything before hand in this or similar genre. If you're looking for a hip hop instrumental and they don't have one as a reference, but there are some good R&B references, I'd give it a shot. But with something so specific, think twice before making a payment.

Back