anyone at gc in proaudio

tbone36109

im just wondering because we just got a guitarcenter where i live and the memorial day sell i hear about so many people getting a good deal on is coming up. mainly i was wondering how much can you guys really come down on the prices, espcially a audix d6. or heck if anyone got any really good deals on memorial i guess this would be a good place to post if you just wanna brag :D. (the salesmen at this guitar center seem rather over zealous about getting alot of money out of you i guess cause its new, the one up where i go to school they guys will always drop off alot of money so i cant really ask them)

I've rarely ever paid full price for anything at GC. You can really haggle the shit out of them there. They offered me an nt1a for 165. Got my 002r factory bundle for just over 1400. My baby bottle was 500 with shockmount and popfilter. They may go to as low as 150 on the D6. You shouldn't go during the sales, they'll use that as an excuse not to give a discount, took a good hour of arguing to get them down on the GT57.

o i just heard that people can get really good deals at sells. I go to school in birmingham AL, the guys up there always discount things. during the summer im living back in montgomery AL and we just got a guitar center here a few months ago. The guys in the montgomery store wont seem to discount anything. The drumtech wouldnt even discount a FLOOR MODEL snare drums, he wanted to sell it to me for the full price!!! i was like wtf are you stupid people have been beating this with wooden sticks, ITS USED AT THIS POINT!(i didnt say that but i sure thought it).
I would normally shop at another music store down here where I knew most the employees(baily brothers but i think only sheppardb would know about them) but about a year ago the owner of the montgomery store(they had a birmingham and montgomery each ran by one of the 2 brothers)died. so his brother took over both stores and the guy is a total dick, they used to have tons of bussiness and alot of employers who had been working there for a good 20 years. he took over and he jacked the prices up on everything and drasticly cut all the employers pay causing ALL but one of the older employees to quit. All of thier big customers(churches bands etc) are leaving or left them and the prices of everything in the store keeps going up more and more.
So where as I used to get next to free stuff all the time im stuck with the higher guitar center prices(well not higher th anymore i guess) and i was just kinda wondering if the sales were as good as they say and what could actually by done

Back