Anybody using Tracktion?

Tracktion

I have been using Tracking within the last couple of years now. Starting on Tracktion2 now Tracktion3.

I find it a very powerful DAW that is so easy to use. I was using Logic before a fine program but I was never really happy with it. It had a very steep learning curve, almost like learning a new instrument.

Tracktion can do everything I need and more - working with midi, audio and software instruments. It lets me concentrate on music.

Steen

PS. I am on PC.

i agree ...i cant think of anything that it doesnt do ...and its all pretty straightforward.....

so instead os spending ages trying to learn the software ...you are acctually getting on with it...

in fact i think a lot of people dont want to use it because they think its so cheap ..so therefore its not as good as all the other bloated packages out there.

try it in demo mode

Ive been using Tracktion since the Raw Material Software days, and I still use it for most of my strictly audio needs (I still use T2). Great program, but I still can't stand that there is no traditional mixer (they pride themselves on the single screen interface).

it's fine, will probably do anything you ask it too.

very easy to learn, the only thing is, i've never even tried to edit in it, so i don't know how hard/easy it is.

(usually use pt)

I, too, am researching software. Currently using GarageBand 3. Like it, but wanted to explore alternatives. Wondered if Steen1798 or others were able to readily import tracks and/or entire songs from their previous software into Tracktion?

Thanks
Dick43

I have been useing Traction 2 for a couple years and I find it is the easiest recording program to use....It took me about 10 minutes to learn how to use the most basic features Like enableing and assigning tracks and setting levels and adding Effects...It is very easy to get started with this program and I haven"t really had the need to learn more of it more advanced features as i do most of my mastering and editing in other programs.....

I highly recomend it especially if other recording programs seem a little daunting for you....

Cheers

i used tracktion at 1st since it came with my onyx mixer, and agree that it's probably the simplest audio program out there to use...at least that i've tried

i've since switched to cubase - which is much more feature-laden, but also much less intuitive and more of PITA than tracktion

i've found that tracktion also uses a lot less system resources than cubase does, so if you have hardware limitations, it'll help you out there as well

Importing tracks

I, too, am researching software. Currently using GarageBand 3. Like it, but wanted to explore alternatives. Wondered if Steen1798 or others were able to readily import tracks and/or entire songs from their previous software into Tracktion?

Thanks
Dick43

I never had any troubles importing tracks into Tracktion. It imports several fileformats: wav, aiff, flac, au, caf, voc w64, mp3, ogg and midi.

Steen

Back