Anybody use Waves programs for mastering?

I use the Linear Phase EQ, the L2 and occasionally the Linear Multiband. I also will use Maxxbass here and there but it's dangerous!

The Q-Clone is also a good plugin as well as the IR-1.

Don't listen to the luddites. Waves plugins are great in general. The Trans-X multiband is also good for a bit of smack and tickle.

Cheers :)

I've used waves plugs since the L1 and Q10 were first introduced in 93. I use them now sparingly, mainl the de-esser and the lineq (low band) in conjunction with an analog chain and makers of other plugs..so not solely.

Thanks! I have been liking the eq's and compressors... I've only been using Waves for a few weeks now. I had never heard of it until recently and was wondering what other studio-ites thought of it quality wise. Pretty nice in my opinion. Alot to take in all at once.

I pretty much exclusively use waves for mixing. I can't say I do mastering, but i do 'finish up' my sessions with waves.

I love the IR-l verbs and rverb. Use the eq's a lot too.
The limiters are good, but to be honest, for compression I usually reach for the standard digirack plugs.

I paid the full whack for waves platinum years ago which is probably why I never looked at other brands, but sometimes I think i should learn to use more of the waves plugs that i have.

Sometimes i'll use the choruses and delays. I find them all to be easy to use and great sounding but there are probably cheaper alternatives that do just as well now.

I've thought about selling my bundle recently for that reason.

I pretty much exclusively use waves for mixing. I can't say I do mastering, but i do 'finish up' my sessions with waves.

I love the IR-l verbs and rverb. Use the eq's a lot too.
The limiters are good, but to be honest, for compression I usually reach for the standard digirack plugs.

I paid the full whack for waves platinum years ago which is probably why I never looked at other brands, but sometimes I think i should learn to use more of the waves plugs that i have.

Sometimes i'll use the choruses and delays. I find them all to be easy to use and great sounding but there are probably cheaper alternatives that do just as well now.

I've thought about selling my bundle recently for that reason.

Ah great! Yea thats what I meant.... finish up rather than mastering. Waves seems to use the term "mastering" on some of the plugins so I have grown used to using the term as well :)

I use UAD plugs and some from Nomad..always seem to get good results for my level of expertise...I imagine there are a few companies that can equal Waves quality, it just comes down to price and desirability

Good to see you on here Gonzo. How's the 'tah these days? You guys getting ready to go into snow season? What's the projected snowfall for the winter?

Cheers :)

mofacta
heheh

if i could tell you how sweet last season was, with alta getting 700", and snowbird getting around 750" with the extended season, i'd say go by that!

the ski swaps start in about a month.....
but i'm happy with my rig, i'm holding tight. maybe a new liner for the boots.....

Yes. Waves plugins are good. The have way too many. And way too many of them are branded by big names. but IMHO they are in general really good. You can do anything you want with them.

Back