Any1 knows anything about Yamaha "PS6100"?

DVZON

I went to a pawn shop today and saw several casios, and this yamaha ps 6100. I made some research on it and found out it was released back in 1986. I don't know anything else about it though. If you could buy it for only 150 dollars. Would you get it?
I have a DX-7 and a DJX. I'm thinking of adding it, but is there anything good about it?

I went to a pawn shop today and saw several casios, and this yamaha ps 6100. I made some research on it and found out it was released back in 1986. I don't know anything else about it though. If you could buy it for only 150 dollars. Would you get it?
I have a DX-7 and a DJX. I'm thinking of adding it, but is there anything good about it?

I have used a PS6100 for over 20 years without a problem. It has many rythms and has a custom drummer and a small recording section. If I can find my manual I could email you a copy of the important aspects. Self explanitory options like the "Volume control" you will not need to know but there are plenty of other options like how to programme etc that you may need to know if you purchase it. The original price I paid was about GB £950, soif it workso.k. its a snip at the price. Make sure it has a mains lead as these are very difficult to obtain, and also that it caters for your supply voltage ie 110 or 240. Those made for GB sales, have only the option for 240v. It is a nice instrument with many sounds and auto rythym section if required and also a key change switch at the left side, + a glide control. My is also compatible with my DX7, via the normal Din lead, and you can also pAtch it through the DX7 and vice versa which is good for mixing both sounds together. The pipes are really wonderful. Mine came with a detatchable stand, sheet music rest located atthe top of the control section, just press the lug sticking up and it should spring out, and also a foot pedal, but other pedals work with it o.k. It can also be fed to an external ampIfier if required. If you need any more info I wil be glad to supply you. Good luck, regards, H.

Back