anti virus programs...?

Dogbreath

Im an ex-spurt
awhile back, there was a thread about some AV programs that were free and were as good or better than Norton or PCillan etc...
but I can't find the damned thread.
What do you guys use and how well has it worked for ya?
I need to get something on my home pooter and Norton sucks and PCillan pissed me off.

what say you?

awhile back, there was a thread about some AV programs that were free and were as good or better than Norton or PCillan etc...
but I can't find the damned thread.
What do you guys use and how well has it worked for ya?
I need to get something on my home pooter and Norton sucks and PCillan pissed me off.

what say you?

I'd say Avast is probably the best free anti-virus program! I just reinstall it every month (think it's a monthly trial).

avast! Free Antivirus - Download Software for Virus Protection

Also another good free program I've found is BitDefender. It's pretty awesome and caught a bunch of stuff my other programs would miss.

Free Antivirus Software - Download Bitdefender Free Edition

My company, in a spirit of magnanimity given it's a bank and heavily interested in ensuring its customers have virus protection, offer BitDefender for free...

I didn't realise it already was free! lol..:laughings:

My company, in a spirit of magnanimity given it's a bank and heavily interested in ensuring its customers have virus protection, offer BitDefender for free...

I didn't realise it already was free! lol..:laughings:

Well, there's the "free" version and then there's the really awesome version with all of the bells and whistles that you have to pay for! Maybe that's what you guys get!

Only windows computer in our house in my ma's.

I just put ad-aware free on it and it's been ok for about two years now.

The big plus for me is it doesn't consume large amounts of your system resources.

Down side is I don't think it's live software. You gotta run a scan every week/few weeks.
Don't quote me though, It may have a live option.

Most excellent gentlemen :drunk:

The home pooters runnin fine just wanna get some protection on it.
I'll rattle thru these tonite. I don't suppose it'd hurt to DL a couple of programs would it?

Many thanks. :)

Most excellent gentlemen :drunk:

The home pooters runnin fine just wanna get some protection on it.
I'll rattle thru these tonite. I don't suppose it'd hurt to DL a couple of programs would it?

Many thanks. :)

Sometimes if you download and run more than 1 at a time one will detect the other AV programs as a virus/spyware. But other than that, nothing bad can happen.

I'd go with AVG free but always make sure you are downloading from the official site believe it or not there are spoof progs out there that are full of virus's
If you want to pay Ihave no problems with norton 360 on my win 7 64.

Back