Another 38 Recording

Herm

I could use some more help on this song guys. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Gary,

That's a great track. The only thing which jumps out is that the vocal tends to somewhat disappear on certain quiet passages, especially between the beginning and middle of the song. I don't think it's a level issue but rather that it's masked by other instruments' freq. Other than that tiny issue, it's a top rate production!:)

yea Im hearing that also Dan. And thankyou for the reply.
It must be pretty bad cause I didnt get one person on the mp3 section to comment on it.:o
Oh well With the way my hearing is getting I think its about time to put these toys away for good.
Anyway again thanks for the help it means alot.

Oh well With the way my hearing is getting I think its about time to put these toys away for good.

Gary, please don't do that! It would do your talent injustice. Keep it going man! Love the drums!! :)

sounds good. definitely don't put your gear away! especially if you have fun doing it.

Once constructive criticism would be that the drums sound a little disjointed with the rhythm guitar when the verse is going. (it sounds like you're hitting the rim of the snare with your stick I think)...

something i noticed. maybe my ears are off... who knows

sounds good. definitely don't put your gear away! especially if you have fun doing it.

Once constructive criticism would be that the drums sound a little disjointed with the rhythm guitar when the verse is going. (it sounds like you're hitting the rim of the snare with your stick I think)...

something i noticed. maybe my ears are off... who knows

No, I noticed that same thing. Something is off with the (rim) and rhythm guitar during the verses. I also couldn't tell what the percussion instrument was! It sounded like a click track.

I listened to the last track you put up too Herm and I forget if I got back and commented but I thought the track was pretty tight. It sounded like it just needed a little sheen in the mix and was ready for the radio.

I think it's great, I think it's incredible what a full sound you've achieved on an 8 track.

I would only suggest a little more compression on the vocals to balance out the differing levels a bit.

But at the end of the day, all that matters is that you like what you're recording, and that you enjoy listening to it back. I mean, we're home recordists, right? If we were doing it for money or working for someone else, that's one thing, so you should feel free to record it and mix it however you see fit!

Please keep the good tunes coming,
-MD

Back