annullaby

Jamal Bucket

yep its me...

hey i wrote and recorded this deal start to finish all last night (up all night with the baby)...so some of the levels wont be real great and it its probably not my best writting but i HAD to come up with something and well this is it...first draft i havent really done anything to it yet other than try to mix the levels somewhat...anyway

called :..ANNULLABLY
http://www.nowhereradio.com/mynewhead/singles

hope you dont get earsick.....

jamal

you got a lot done in an evening (all nighter!!)

good song...but yeah..the levels are a little strange here and there. Vocals are way too low, which you will probably realizewhen you listen with fresh ears.

nice gtr parts and all...

so....do you hold the "kid" when you play and sing too!

hahahaha...no i recorded in the "inbetween " times...but your right i couldnt tell you if this was even close to sounding good by now,...my ears are fried..i know there isnt a whole lot here but it sure felt good to actually write something again..

jamal

Hey dude, this really sounds good. Get the vocals up and it will be great. That paul sounds fantastic, I wished i had my old paul back:( . You did this with a "new baby" in the house:eek: , wow! Good one man..

Good tune ! Nice riff-guitar sound is huge--are you using a pod or the like? Drums sound real good too-bass drum coming through nicely-snare and high hats sound good-and good playing of course. I'm with the others about turning the voice up-its barely audible-I can't pick out words at all...Nice ending! Rock and roll ending # 72?

This is a cool tune!You had me going from the first note the guitar hits.Cool drum pattern.The levels like you said are the only problem.The song is excellent and when you re-mix and get the levels right it's gonna kick serious ass.

The vocals just need to be a little more present......damn,nice guitar dynamics throughout man.Good job jamal.

Wassup Jamalski....

Cool tune man. That Rythm git tone youre getting sounds really nice. Are you still recording the bass w/ a 6 stringer? It's hard to tell. Seems like you could use a little definition in the low end though...... gets muddy down there. A little more compression on the lead vocs might give ya a little more control of their levels....might be worth messin with anyway.

Nice tune man!!

BTW: Did Dragon ever get back to you? Wuts up wit that??

This is a great tune dude,dig the Chorus,but at 0:53 did you almost say 'soul' instead of 'heart',I noticed a little sssss right before the word,bitchin drum beat and some great changes.Nice work on the vox,cool harmony.Dig the guitar effect on the end

hey doodles i know this isnt a "special" song or whatever but thanks for takin the time ...

david: ok ok i upoaded another version with "louder" vox...see heres the thing...i sang all these parts last night around 3:00 am so it is real apparrent at louder volumes that i am trying to sing high and quiet at the same time ...lol..NOT a good combination.

stratomaster:...not a POD howevevr i think i .."got " one from santa ...but i did record direct strictly so i could record in "stealth" mode with the headphones in the middle of the night...second mix hopefully addresses the levels better but i need to just rerecord the vox when i can actually sing at a normal volume..

kramer:FINALLY ...someone who likes the "busy-ness" of my drum stylings!...lol...usually i get .."wow nice song i liked everything BUT the freaky ass drum beat ."..thanks..and a les paul by default seems to help you come up with new guitar riffs...weird???

guernica:..yeah its just my git thru the bass patches lol...how do you guys do that???..i CANNOT hear that well..wow.heres a little tidbit o' information......in the "bridge" part ...."IN A MINUTE..ILL REACH MY LIMIT.."that part....lmao...uum...if you listen thats me singing thru the same bass patch that i played through...lol.....oops it was late!..and i have no definition all because i cant double time pick the bass part for shit.but with each new track its getting easier...i should try the "finger " tech ..but im pretty sure i would do that even worse.....thanks man..oh yeah ..."NO I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM A CERTAIN MR. FEILDER ON THE STATUS OF MY FORMER ACCOUNT....lol

w.i.s.c.:.<--------...come on ...whats it mean?????..yep you win...thats exactly what happened on the vocal...YOU SONOF A BITCH..THANKS FOR POINTING IT OUT.....hehehehe...normally i would clean that up but my time was runnin out so i had to go with a lot of takes that i prob wouldnt i just ran out of time..plus that effect on the git at the end ....thats my favorite part of the whole song!!!

again thanks fellas hope your doing cool stuff for the holidays and all...me im getting real good at balancing a baby in one hand and typing with one finger...which is like HALF of the fingers i usually use.....

party on wayne

jamal

I could hear you sing on this cut a lot better. That gittar sounds good. drums nice and punchy too. Theres a litl rumble in the low mids and upper bass but when you get a chance to turn it up and smooth it out it`ll be fine. You can churn tunes out pretty fast man. Thats cool... :)

The guitars are sounding nicer on this one than any of your other efforts. Nice guitar hook. I think your singing voice is getting better or at least you're using it more effectively when recording.

The lines rhyming sleep and sheep were cool. Harmonies overall were good, but I thought I detected a bobble with the high part in a spot. Vocals get buried in a few spots. Sounded like they clipped here and there too.

I don't think you can get the marriage anulled after a kid is born if that's what you're thinking. :D

Always like your stuff.

Pretty cool Jamal. I thought all the drums except the kick need to come up some and the vox is still a little low. Cool guitar hook..............that's a guitar for bass? Must be a 'puter thing.

Nice guitar work...........nice song...............decent vox.............needs a little more mixing but that's about it.

oh yeah baby... i'm grooving. my head is bobbing... mission accomplished. That intro kicked ass. What's your guitar path? What did you use for drums? What does the new guy think of Daddy's late night hobby?

that guitar sounds really good. it was a very good purchase for you imo. maybe i'll ask santa for one of those for christmas. nah, i can't play the one i already have.

i kind of liked the drums on this one. i usually don't like busy drums but i like these. maybe the snare could come up a little?

very fitting to write a song about not sleeping after having your first kid! i just went through that and......well i didnt' sleep for like six months.

so i listened to this on my home stereo with the 'loudness' on and the bass sounds a little heavy. ask chrisharris how to fix that. i think he has the magic formula now.

cool ..round two.

toki:...yeah altho to me my voice sounds like ass on this.
i tried a couple diff compression and e-q settigns to clean up the bottom...but i think it boils down to shoddy bass playing more than anything...its not the "tightest" playing i have ever done...lolthanks

tri-m:..well i meantioned i had to record direct as it was the middle of the night so that is probably the diff in sound you hear..and the vocaltrack is chuck full o' screw ups...i just dont have as much time as before to do take after take...but its a pretty fair trade ....im happy with it!!!.im always happy when i get a specific lyrical comment from you...i think you listen for lyrical content alot like i do ..FIRST AND FOREMOST!...i read your xmas message to btw...very cool thing to do and i hope yours is full f great things too...sadly my xmas present came in november...oh yeah and i got a new guitar.....

lt bob:...i hear ya on the drums...i have a hard time recording them as in ..getting them loud enough to thump a little without peggin the meters..i got the bass drum down pretty good...and i suppose if i coulda messed with it more i would prob just rerecord the whole thing..but.....i got diapers and baths and feeding.......plus i have to help take care of the baby...............lmao...the "bass" is just me playing the guitar thru the bass preset on my d.a.w...nothin fancy..i usually tune down a little to give it more growl..

jr 97:...heres my chain....1991 leas paul -->direct into boss br1180-----> thru "classic american rock" preset.....shazam! ...magic...lol....the drums are a yamaha dtsxtreme elec set.....pretty cool but i keep breaking the pads ..im pretty heavy handed..glad you dug it tho!!!...thats all that matters

piss harris:...yeah me too...(see message to toki)....hehehe

ericanallyouguys:...thats EXACTLY why i wrote it...the chorus anyway..YES!!!! AND YOU GOT IT!!!!!!..nice...most drummers like alittle pizzaz in the set....i hate HATE a simple patern...its a sickness..i will take the most basic backbeat crap and turn it into the santana rythym section every time......thanks yeah that guitar seems to draw guitar riffs out of me.....weird?!?!?!..as we speak im trying to clean up the low end...hopefully chris WILL help...

short of resinging the whole thing...there prob wont be another version of this to hear...i know i know ...your all upset and all....but instead of waiting around for me to make it better ....go be with your families......sheesh....it IS xmas YOU KNOW??!?!?

What da hell?

Ok first off..this DONT EVEN sound like the same song...not even. Shit it sounds like a real song now lol! Hey you've been workin my man, and it shows. Damn kickass brutha man..I take it you do all your back-up's right? Man this is very good Jamal, glad i came back for a second helpin.

Wow,

This is upbeat, Has attitude, and is a real nice recording.
As I have said in a ton of other posts, I need to FEEL the bass.
Bring it up my man, (IMVHO)

Vox are real nice, you have a unique voice and I think it comes through well in this piece!

Nice job Dad,

Joel

Back