Analog to Digital Troubles. New to digital.

cooper901

ok this is my first post. I find myself pretty comfortable with analog recording. But i'm trying to simply bounce some of my analog tunes into the digital realm so they can be put on a webpage, sent as demos, etc. I record with a Tascam M308-B Mixer>Teac A-3340s. I'm trying to just send my material thru the XLR Left and Right outputs from the mixer into an M-Audio Fast Track Pro to Pro Tools MP on my computer. I am simply using this to get something of decent quality onto the internet. No fancy stuff. It's just a 2 channel interface and I've connected it from the mixer via XLR cables. Line cables didn't seem to work.

HERES THE PROBLEM

I've been lucky enough to get one tune into the digital world and could try to upload it if you guys just want to hear the simplicity of what I'm looking for. But recently when I try to record, it always clips out and I can't seem to find anyway to get a good sound without it being quiet as hell.

I hope this makes sense I can get more detailed if someone may know something. Thanks!

What's clipping...the Fast Track Pro...?

How/where are you connecting on the Fast Track....and how are you setting the Line/Intrument buttons?

Your output from the mixer should be a Line Out...so if the Fast Track is set for Intrument or Mic...yes, it will clip.

Back