Alan... No Stephen Paul Mic?

DJL said:
Fuck you H2oskiphil.

Hey, I'm just cutting and pasting. You wanna get pissed off at the info in my posts, look in the mirror. They're your words, not mine.

Nice comeback, though.

littledog said:
You've spent the better part of your productive time, so it would seem, spewing crap and poisoning the forum with your presence, and you want everyone else to shut the fuck up because, after all, you are simply a pure and innocent seeker of information?

I wasn't here much for a while, and had no idea who you were and no preconceived notions about you or experience with your past posts. I've been more than willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you've gone out of your way to convince me you are pond scum.

I can't speak for any of the other folks around here, but I can't imagine why you would think ANYONE would want to give you ANY information on ANYTHING. I've always been more thasn willing to share anything I know with anyone who asked, but I'm making you my first exception. I wouldn't help you if you paid me. You want me to shut the fuck up? I'll be happy to as soon as you crawl back under your rock.

On second thought, please stay and continue to "contribute". At least it keeps you from polluting other forums.
Gee thanks littledog, I guess this means I can always count on your helpful sarcasm from now on... gee thanks, your so kind.

DJL said:
Gee thanks littledog, I guess this means I can always count on your helpful sarcasm from now on... gee thanks, your so kind.

Trying to get on my good side by sweet-talking me at this late date? Sorry, it's way too late for that.

(Why do I suspect that Will Rogers never met DJL?)

DJL,

I’ll make this as polite and clear as possible, although considering your incessant badgering, sniping, belabouring, etc., you don’t deserve it.

Both Alan Hyatt and Stephen Paul, (in the past), have said that this mic was going to be totally made in the USA. Yes, there were originally plans to have some components made elsewhere but those plans were scrapped quite some time ago. This is one of the main reasons for the increase in projected pricing.

To my knowledge, in the past, the only person prepared to give any hints as to details of this mic, was Stephen himself, and even then what he had to say was precious little, so it is only to be expected that those that do know are not going to say anything to anybody……………frankly, I think they would be bloody stupid if they did.

I won’t even waste time going over your hypothetical history of the background to this mic, as it is obvious you will only believe what you want to believe regardless of what truths are put before you, but but please try and get these truths through your head……………

Neither Alan Hyatt, Tony Merrill or Brent Casey are going to say anything more than has been said re details of this mic…………THEY ARE UNDER ABSOLUTELY NO OBLIGATION to do so!!!

It was publicly stated that this mic is an “all USA” creation.

If you want to know more about this mic, then YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT………….just like everyone else.

It really is that simple, no if’s, but’s or maybe’s………….from here on it’s up to you.

:cool:

Right then this thread is clearly finished then. We've established that there are no answers available to DJL's questions and the soonest the are going to be will be when the mic comes out.

DJL I'm sorry for swearing at you, I know there's no justification for it and I'm sorry I let your persistent nagging get to me. Now can you just relax and forget it? You've deliberately not answered the question of whether you answered all of these same questions before buying your Neumann TLM103, the reason being that you aren't suspicious of Neumann in the same way you are of PMI/797/Alan Hyatt/SP. WE ALL KNOW YOU'RE SUSPICIOUS OF THEM. WE GET THE POINT, NOW MOVE ON UNLESS YOU HAVE SOMETHING NEW TO SAY.

*draws a line underneath pointless thread*
<-------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Well...well...well...

I have to say that I am starting to give some merit to DJL's questions. I don't, however, like the way he's going about it. Perhaps he would be better off just waiting for the SP mic to come out and THEN he can start with the questions.

I'll admit that I would like to know about the origins of the diaphram, too. I mean, I wouldn't want to pay 2K for a mic with a dia made in China. Sorry, but that's just me. I would be willing to pay 2K for a mic that is 100% made in the USA. Hopefully, an all USA made mic is realistic.

and little to no genuine desire for that information other than to try and make a point made hundreds of times and that everyone knows you hold.

noisedude said:
and little to no genuine desire for that information other than to try and make a point made hundreds of times and that everyone knows you hold.
I can always count on you posting nothing but noise, right?

Ted Bell said:
...Perhaps he would be better off just waiting for the SP mic to come out and THEN he can start with the questions.
No shit, Sherlock.

At this point the mic is vaporware. It doesn't exist as a product, so it is pointless to speculate about it. Those who might know anything about it aren't saying (nor are they under any obligation to do so.) No one has paid any money yet to purchase it.

When it does come to market, it will have published specifications which will probably answer many questions about it, and pose new ones. Until then, we all wait.

Tough titty.

Ted Bell said:
Well...well...well...

I have to say that I am starting to give some merit to DJL's questions. I don't, however, like the way he's going about it. Perhaps he would be better off just waiting for the SP mic to come out and THEN he can start with the questions.

I'll admit that I would like to know about the origins of the diaphram, too. I mean, I wouldn't want to pay 2K for a mic with a dia made in China. Sorry, but that's just me. I would be willing to pay 2K for a mic that is 100% made in the USA. Hopefully, an all USA made mic is realistic.

There is NO merit to DJL's questions.

The only person that has said ANYTHING about the diaphragm being made in China is DJL. He's it. Solo. And he has nothing to base that opinion on other than his desire to undermine Alan Hyatt and PMI Audio every chance he gets.

On the other hand, there's THIS little nugget:

"This is exaxctly what I am talking about DJL. Why say anything when you have no correct information. Get this through your head. WE ARE BUILDING THE CAPSULE IN THE USA. It is a custom designed capsule. IT IS NOT MADE BY SENNHEISER OR ANYONE ELSE. IT IS MADE BY US!"

That one comes from...oh, look, it's the manufacturer! Stating in ALL CAPS (for emphasis) that the diaphragm is being made in the US.

Who you gonna believe? The manufacturer, or the guy who looks for every opportunity to undermine the manufacturer becasuse of some perceived slight? The guy who has been working with the microphone's namesake up until the day he died, or the guy who took the death of the microphone's namesake as an opportunity to start another shitstorm (his specialty...)?

It's all about credibility, Ted. Who has more?

Ted, unlike you...H2oskiphil doesn't wants to know anything about the mic in question... he just wants to piss on me. Ted, your questioning is a good thing, but never agree with me on this forum or you'll be hated for life... even if your right.

H2oskiphil doesn't wants to know anything about the mic in question

Sure I do. I'm planning on buying one.

But I'll take the info as it comes. I know where to look for whatever info is available...and it's not here. Hell, I had discussions with the microphone's namesake before he died about the microphone. Trust me, I want to know as much as possible.

What I'm NOT doing is making baseless accusations about the origin of the parts or the location where those parts are being assembled.

The manufacturer states that the unit is being designed, sourced, and built in the United States. Unless I get concrete evidence that this isn't true, who am I (or you) to say otherwise?

H2oskiphil said:
I know where to look for whatever info is available...and it's not here.
That's for dam sure. Tell me this all knowing one... is the mic in question a PMI product now, or is it a Stephan Paul Audio product? Also, where and who is making the diaphragm?

Do manufactures always tell the truth? Do distributors always tell the truth?

If a distributor can talk people into believeing they are really a manufacturing factory while buying their parts from or having 797 Audio in China build their products for cheap... if they can make people believe the product is 100% USA made... can they get more money for the idem?

Last edited:
Just so I understand because I'm not as smart as many of you. What exactly are the implications of a chinese made diaghragm? Is there something in regards to the magnetic field in China that makes it an unsuitable place to do that type of work?

Tell me this all knowing one... is the mic in question a PMI product now, or is it a Stephan Paul Audio product?

You'll have to ask Alan. I don't know how the corporate structure is set up.

If I had to guess?

SPA is a corporate entity. It is not affected by the death of it's namesake. Therefore, it will continue to exist, and the microphone will be branded as an SPA product.

As far as I know, PMI is handling the marketing and distribution only, kinda like they do for Sony on the West Coast.

Also, where and who is making the diaphragm?

No idea on who. My guess on where would be somewhere in the contiguous 48, although Alaska and Hawaii are outside chances.

If a distributors can talk people into believeing they are really a manufacturing factory while really having 797 Audio in China build their products for cheap... if they can make people believe the product is 100% USA made... can they get more money for the idem?

What's your point? Studio Projects microphones say "797 Audio" right on the side of them. No mystery there, and no attempt to cover up or conceal where the product is sourced.

If you're making an allegation that the SPA microphone is being built by 797 Audio, show us any evidence you've got. If you've got something solid, I'll be the first to give you the credit.

But if your goal is simply to undermine SPA and PMI by making baseless accusations, then you're simply reinforcing the opinion that most people on this board have of you, and eroding what little credibility you have left.

Heck, you still haven't told me where your TLM103 was sourced and built. Why are you so worried about a mic that's not even on the market yet? If I were you, I'd be tearing that little bastard apart looking for Chinese parts.....

Last edited:
crazydoc said:
Sorry. I didn't mean that personally. Just toward the pointless bickering here. :(
Wow, and no one jumped all over your ass for saying "At this point the mic is vaporware. It doesn't exist as a product" like they did when I said the mic doesn't exist yet.

Back