Alan... No Stephen Paul Mic?

This is why I don't visit the Mic Forum often! Nuthin' but a lotta' B. S. arguments!!

I'm Audi-Here!

DJL said:
I'm trying to find out about the Stephen Paul mic... do you have any info about the mic or are you too only here to try and bust my balls?

Go RAIN MAN GO.

I'm here to bust your balls. The more you post, the dumber you look, so I'm going to keep you going until you dig yourself into the ground.

Go, Rain Man, Go!

How about this:

DJL, why don't you tell us once and for all why you feel the need to make an issue of everything related to PMI and Alan Hyatt. Get all of your cards on the table so it's crystal clear why you think the way you do.

Otherwise, you're just spamming the mic forum with a lot of inane BS, half-truths and innuendo.

I'm pretty sure your answer will be something eloquent like "I don't have to tell you guys nothin'", but maybe you'll surprise us all.

I'll also renew my offer to buy all you SP mics that you still have so they don't stink up the rest of your collection.

Put up or shut up.

DJL....Were you this obnoxious in the purchase of any of your 'other' $2K mics? And if so did the manufacturer or pro retail shop give you a HUGE discount to simply get your incredibly idiotic ass out of their hair?

When the mic is released I'm sure there will be all sorts of pertinent information available.And all of us who are REALLY interested,industry pros and hobbiest alike, will have to wait for this info.It seems to be a relatively easy thing to do, but some people just have a lot of trouble dealing with reality.

Your continued ,only slightly veiled attacks on Alan and PMI, especially at this time,is both boorish and infantile,and if it was up to me, I would have you banned from this site.It is amazing to me that HR allows this kind of ugly,personal vendetta to continue.

DJL said:
Well, I don't know much about the mic yet so I'm not sure... I admit I don't like having to buy from PMI only, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't. How about you, did you order one?
Not without hearing it first. But I must admit, its pedigree is pretty impressive. There's a VERY good chance that I will.

DJL said:
Well, I don't know much about the mic yet so I'm not sure... I admit I don't like having to buy from PMI only, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't. How about you, did you order one?

FWIW-I'm on the waiting list. I won't get one of the first 50...but I will get one of the first 100.

DJL said:
I don't use the star things... but, I just bumped it down one for you.

Do you have any info about the Stephen Paul mic or are you just here to poke flames at me like most of the other kids on this forum?

Thanks for the help....
I'm 34, hardly a kid...

What exactly is YOUR purpose on these forums?
That seems to be the question of the day, everyday.

Rocket Boy said:
how much are they saying its gonna cost? i mean... if theres a waiting list there must be a price?

Somewhere under $2K.

Once the decision was made to have the mic built in the US, the price went up some, but originally it was slated to come in somewhere around $1599...I think.

Ok. Forget it.

DJL you dimwitted useless dumbfuck bastard why don't you just take your mis-spelt, ill-conceieved and ignorant posts and type them into your word processing software, save them, print them out and stick them all over your walls? Read them over and over again, feel good at how you 'showed everyone' and maybe eventually one day sit down and take one last look and realised what a complete asshole you were?

My comment on your irrelevant and ludicrous subject for this thread - if it sounds good who gives a flying shit where it came from? When you can deal with this maybe you'll be able to understand the reason you can't bear other people to like Studio Projects mics and the reason you want to put people off this new mic. Because you're a bigot and a particularly discriminatory individual. If the mic sounds good enough to be worth £70 ... or £1600 ... then why on earth should you care how many legs Stephen's stool had on it the day he finished the capsule design or how many lightbulbs there are in Alan Hyatt's office. These questions are no less pointless or irrelevant than your own.

DJL

DJL those parts in the computer you use to post on here are made where... and when was the factory built?

I heard from a reliable source that they will be making the Diaphragms in the USA.......On wee tiny little lathes......and they are in the process of hiring wee tiny trolls to run these wee tiny lathes.........so if you know any wee tiny little trolls who are skilled in running wee tiny little lathes you should let them know.....and yes they should all be native american wee tiny trolls... none of those damm foreign wee tiny trolls........

Many of you have already pointed out my lack of writing skill (among other things) and you’re right, they suck. So I’ll try to communicate the best I can. I really would like to know more about the original Stephan Paul microphone, and here’s what I think I know in a nutshell… correct me if I’m wrong.

As many of you already know, Stephan Paul was a master craftsman (among other things, like songwriter, etc) and had a long time dream of building the best microphone possible without a building budget. In other words, the best microphone money could buy. Master craftsman Stephan Paul and legionary Harvey Gerst (who’s helped all of us here on this microphone forum time time again) were friends. Harvey Gerst met Alan Hyatt, who like Stephen and Harvey is also a musically talented in his own right, he’s also well known for his budget microphones and some say he’s a marketing genius, anyway Harvey met Alan over the internet (I think on this forum). Because Harvey knew both Stephan and Alan and had the inter-sight to see that maybe the two of them could help each other… Harvey introduced the two of them, and they hit it off. Later after Alan and Stephen became better friends they decided to build a business relationship. PMI providing the funding/backing and distribution and Stephen Paul Audio providing the research and development of the SPA microphone.

The bad news is Stephen Paul died, the good news is Alan and Harvey say Stephen Paul finished the microphone before he died.

Harvey and Alan have answered some questions about the microphone, but I really would like to know more about the microphone. There is nothing up my sleeve, and no trick questions.

I understand that Stephan and Alan had to come to an budget agreement on how much could be spent building this microphone otherwise PMI would be selling it for much more than 2K. This means they had to cut some corners, but even when cutting corners some how Stephan overcame and was still able to make a microphone he was proud to put his name on.

Master craftsman Stephan Paul made his own diaphragms and hand crafted the SPA microphone, and it’s said the microphone is a ground breaking design.

Stephen Paul isn’t here to watch over the quality control of the microphones sporting his name on it nor to build the microphones, so I’m some what concerned and ask questions.

Are the microphones going to be hand built by Tony Merrill and Brent Casey?

And that is what this thread is about.

Now, if you've got info about the mic speak up... otherwise, shut the fuck up.

strangely enough, i am also curious as to what the answer to this question is, though i think our reasoning behind that curiousity is quite different.
i am merely interested and would certainly understand if such information has to be kept secret for some unknown reason (and hopefully i can trust that the reason isn't "because potential customers wouldn't like the answer")

DJL, on the other hand... i could be wrong, but i have this feeling that you're just hoping and waiting for someone to say the magic word "China" so you can bash away... but like I said, i could be wrong. tell me i am.

If it's from China, just say this or that is from China, if not... say so, and tell us more about it so we know, and lets move on.

Master craftsman Stephan Paul made his own diaphragms and hand crafted the SPA microphone

Really? Where did you get that information?

Harvey and Alan have answered some questions about the microphone, but I really would like to know more about the microphone. There is nothing up my sleeve, and no trick questions.

Alan has made it perfectly clear that no info will be released about the microphone until after it is released. What part of that didn't you understand?

Stephen Paul isn’t here to watch over the quality control of the microphones sporting his name on it nor to build the microphones, so I’m some what concerned and ask questions.

You didn't even know that Stephen's disease basically robbed him of the use of his hands for the last 5 years, yet now you're concerned about whether or not he'll be around to handle quality control. You didn't know that Tony Merrill has been Stephen's hands, eyes, and protege for the last 5 years, yet you question his ability to handle the QC issues? And you have NO FREAKING IDEA who's building the microphone, so how can you have concerns? OK...that fits.

Is the Stephen Paul/Tony Merrill microphone now a PMI product... and does that mean 797 Audio in China will be making some of the parts, like the diaphragms and etc?

I think THIS is really your point. You didn''t like the answers Alan and Harvey gave you, though, did you?

You've spent the better part of your productive time, so it would seem, spewing crap and poisoning the forum with your presence, and you want everyone else to shut the fuck up because, after all, you are simply a pure and innocent seeker of information?

I wasn't here much for a while, and had no idea who you were and no preconceived notions about you or experience with your past posts. I've been more than willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you've gone out of your way to convince me you are pond scum.

I can't speak for any of the other folks around here, but I can't imagine why you would think ANYONE would want to give you ANY information on ANYTHING. I've always been more thasn willing to share anything I know with anyone who asked, but I'm making you my first exception. I wouldn't help you if you paid me. You want me to shut the fuck up? I'll be happy to as soon as you crawl back under your rock.

On second thought, please stay and continue to "contribute". At least it keeps you from polluting other forums.

Back