AKG Drumpack

kristian

over the next couple months im starting a home studio for my band, and friends' bands projects to make a little money on the side. i want to get a drum mic setup, and i know people went over this a little below. im going to use my NT-1 for overhead/room mic, but thats not the problem, its the other drums. Is the AKG Drumpack (1x D112 and 4x C418-snare, 2 toms, hihat) any good? it looks to be a steal at $400. Any opinions?

Are you sure that kit comes with 4 C-418's??? The kit I've seen only comes with 2.
I've heard that the C-418's aren't all that but if you can get (4 of) them at that price, I would probably go for it.

S8-N

Dood,
I know it sounds improbable, but Audio Technica has a Kitpack that is two high tom/snare mics, and two low tom/kick mics that sound pretty darned good. List price is almost $300, but music stores will probably sell them for Xmas at under 2 bills. I was very skeptical, but these mics worked out. Definitely not a sennheiser but for the home studio, its very impressive. I still use a Shure SM-57 for the snare, and a Sennheiser for the kicks, but the toms get mic'd with these babies. Cannot comment on the AKG, but I will check these out as well. Take Care and Keep Breathing...Dave

Back