akai xr20 and alesis io2 express

aDDidaz00

ok so im completely new at home recording at this point and im having a real hard time setting up my akai xr20 drum machine and my alesis io2 express to work in logic/cubase/garageband so i can record my beats on those programs. i have 2 1/4 cables from the l and r on the akai to the l and r on the alesis. i pick io2 as my output on the progams but it never seems to work at all. someone please steer me in the right direction. thanks.

i have 2 1/4 cables from the l and r on the akai to the l and r on the alesis. i pick io2 as my output on the progams but it never seems to work at all.
plug the cables to io2 line input 1 and 2 and choose right inputs on your DAWs

still isnt working. currently have one cable from akai to line input 1 and the other from the akai going to line input 2. both switches in between the inputs are set to mic/line. monitor mix is set on USB. gains and main level are all at a moderate position. in logic pro the i/o is set to input 2 and output 1-2 and im getting a very very small bit of movement in the volume bars in the program but still no sound at all. please help im an idiot.

Where are you expecting the sound to come out? If you connect headphones to your IO2 can you hear anything? I find that my levels are usually between 3/4 up and just below max (depending on what is plugged in). Line level stuff seems to need a lot of gain on my IO2.

If you are expecting to monitor the sounds on your PC, then you probably need to set your DAW to input from the Io2,and you may need to arm the track before you can hear it.

yeah currently all ive been using are my headphones. i want the sound to come out of the speaker system thats connected to the headphones port on my mac. i dont have studio monitors.

Back