Agent of Monaco - New Song - Take a Listen

nopoetic

did this within the last few hours. let me know what you think of it musically and mixing wise. i know there are a lot of mixing/mastering issues but I'm more looking for things I don't see. I'll come back to this song later to fix some of it but uh...i guess just let me know what you think. thanks in advance for anyone who posts something. later.

www.myspace.com/agentofmonaco

Song: "Alpha Culture"

If you have any comments on the other 2 songs on there, feel free.

I'm a bit offended. Did this song suck so bad that no one will post anything? Come on people. There has been 5 posts since mine that have gotten at least 5 or more replys. Am I an asshole?

Total Asshole :p (that and 5 hours ago when this thread was posted I was sound asleep).

I don't know if this is an artifact of the Myspace Player, but the recording sounds very grainy, and the highs are over emphasized. Like the whole mix needs a de-esser. Can you post a higher quality audio file?

But maybe this is what you were going for. Also sounds like there might be too much of a "smiley" face EQ going on. I think the bass could use some compression, and maybe a bit more grunge to it, and then come back in the mix little bit, it sort of sticks out.

Overall on the song though, it's pretty good. I think the backup vocals are spot on for the song. Just make the bass fit in a bit more, and bring back the sibilance on the song and you're golden.

haha. thanks for posting.

yeah, you're on point about those things. i just wrote it so the mixing is gonna be the next step. i always have trouble recording bass well. it is pretty loud and def could use a bit of grunge and compression to it. and yeah the highs are always a problem with my voice, that range always peaks on my recordings.

i am going for the static-y style, almost like the strokes or old velvet underground kinda vibe to the quality but more clear than the underground. sometimes the mixes they have are really too raw even for my tastes. but vocally i really love the recordings of the strokes, he's always a really great singer. when i get around to fixing those things i'll repost the song. thanks again for the post. i'll check your stuff out.

Back