Advice on a Mix - Acoustic Rock, Female Vox

thexflamesxburn

Hey all,

I was hoping to get some feedback on a mix. The artist is Keely Blaze, acoustic rock/folk. The mix includes, drums, bass, acoustic guitar, lead guitar, lead vox, and 2 background vox. Recorded in Pro Tools LE 7.1. Mixed and mastered by myself.

Let me know what should be changed. Thanks!

I found something strange with the vocals, like you cut a frequency too much, besides that, everything sounds great. I like the guitars sound, they have a very nice tone. Hope someday soon i could mix and master like you.

Excellent job.

I agree with zero00 about the eq on the voc. I think the highs might be a snag to bright. and for some reason the drums sound kind of HUMMMMMM almost fake. Were the drums real or from a program? It's hard to put my finger on it. But it's good other then that.

i like this song. it reminds me of past memories, it hits home. And her voice is unique and stands out. that drum is not fake and it sounds good. nice work man.

thanks for all the great comments!

i'm going to try and eq the vox differently, i agree that it just doesnt sound quite right yet. i think im also going to cut a freq in the bass because i feel like the kick is getting drowned out as well. i also want the lead guitar part to stand out more.

the drums are real, however the kick is a sample.

anyone else?

Back