Acoustic recording with an old friend. Check it out!

i'm at work right now but i will check it out as soon as i get home. :cool:

bump for jazzmang

I think it's sounding pretty good, Mang...vocals are a bit loud in comparison to the music, but just a little. Song itself is very nice.

i agree with dogman that the vocals are a bit too upfront for me, but it's a great sounding performance and recording! nice work.

Really good song.
I quite like the levels as they are currently but can understand a desire for more guitar.
Well recorded. I suppose experimenting with levels can't hurt.
The melody & lyrics are the important components though & it is an acoustic rendition - think MTV unplugged - usually gave focus to those aspects - even for nirvana.

I really like this song:) I personally like the mix. The out front vocals give it a nice raw and emotional feeling. Similar to Johnny Cash's later cover albums.
The guitar solo has a very nice tone.
If I did any mix changes I would make them slight and I also think if you do a level adjustment on the vocals you will need to follow suite on the solo. They match very well to me right now.

Very cool song and a good recording too.

F.S.

PS a very short into just a couple bars of guitar or even a single guitar strum would work for me. It has good impact now but I think a warning to start listening for the vocals would be nice. More I think of it a soft single strum that fades down a bit would be my choice.

Edit: The begining is growing on me;)

Last edited:
The verse reminds me of a mix between old J.P. and REM.

Ive got to tell you man. I have have listened to this 15 times today. Wife has got to be getting pissed.

I like the raw emotional value of it. I once in a while become addicted to a song. I think I am there. I am glad I can not understand every word because it's better that way. I will be over it soon, but hey I don't often do it. Like I said J. Cash "hurt" Got me for days. I'll ride this one out. Thanks.

Sorry I'm not a chick man;)
F.S.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Great song !!!!!

I like the vocals up front too.

The guitar solo is excellent. For that moment, it has that Chris Issac feel to it.

Kudos JaZZzzz :)

Wow very very nice recording.

The only thing of comment I can think of is:
-On the words ''TRY-AND'' on 1.18 there are some frequencys sounding a bit harsh , might want to compress those ones.
-Maybe some light auto-tuning will make this even better.
-There are some T's that sound like small cracks in the beginning.

I like the vocals upfront and I'm a guitar player so... :p

Btw: Have you ever had a chance to compare this mic with an Studio Projects C1/C3. Because it sounds really great/warm and I'm wondering if it's the mic or the Fireface thingy ;)

Keep up the good work !

Wow. Thanks for all the comments guys and gals, sorry I didnt get back here sooner but finals are kicking my ass.
Lets see, I really like some of the comments here. 1) I have not used the C1/C3 yet. I have actually been pretty happy with the V67. I have bought some more expensive mics before that didnt really please me as much as this one has, so I'm sticking with it.
As far as preamps go, I used the fireface ones. Although they are not the best, I think they sound pretty clean and honest.
I like this song as well, which is why I told my friend 'you play, I record. Do it one more time'.
While I agree that some autotune may help, I dont like using it. Had this been with more than 1 vocal take, i would have had some more material to chose from, but I was trying to go for a live feel (with the exception of the solo being recorded as a punch-in later).

thanks again guys, keep the comments coming.

JazzMang said:
Wow. Thanks for all the comments guys and gals, sorry I didnt get back here sooner but finals are kicking my ass.
Lets see, I really like some of the comments here. 1) I have not used the C1/C3 yet. I have actually been pretty happy with the V67. I have bought some more expensive mics before that didnt really please me as much as this one has, so I'm sticking with it.
As far as preamps go, I used the fireface ones. Although they are not the best, I think they sound pretty clean and honest.
I like this song as well, which is why I told my friend 'you play, I record. Do it one more time'.
While I agree that some autotune may help, I dont like using it. Had this been with more than 1 vocal take, i would have had some more material to chose from, but I was trying to go for a live feel (with the exception of the solo being recorded as a punch-in later).

thanks again guys, keep the comments coming.

As I said before I like the raw feel. That includes a little harshness here and there. I will listen to the demo chunk later.

F.S.

No need to be sorry, lol. Its their demo, not mine. I just got bored and told him to record the acoustic version. In actuality, it was written how it is in the demo.

JazzMang said:
No need to be sorry, lol. Its their demo, not mine. I just got bored and told him to record the acoustic version. In actuality, it was written how it is in the demo.

Well I'll be damned. I downloaded the acc version and love it.
What ever they want;) I think you struck gold with the acoustic version though.

F.S.

Last edited:
is there any reason why there's no BASS in the demo version? i mean i can hear the bass being played, but theres no 'bass' to it. sounds really thin overall. and i agree that the acoustic version is golden!

Back