Acoustic Guitar

witm8

I'm being sucked into the vortex of the Gibson J-45 again. I've wanted one of these for years and years, and everytime I'm down Denmark Street (Tin Pan Alley) in London I go into the guitar shops and start playing them. I've tried vintage, standard, custom and I just love them.

This month, I'm getting a new guitar - Its time that I extend my family. I already have 3 guitars, but they're nothing special (although I do love my Ibanez Artcore AF75)

j57zhi.jpg

Excuse the small one at the back, that's my 6yr old daughters who wanted hers to be included in this picture

But my head is being turned by a Martin D28 - slightly more money, and IMO not as good looking.

Opinions of anyone that's used both for some time please?

Thanks

Just don't get one of those horrible florid Gibson acoustics (i see you already have the Epi version) with the flowers and the bluebird of fucking happiness etc. Whoever designed those should be clubbed to death.

Just don't get one of those horrible florid Gibson acoustics (i see you already have the Epi version) with the flowers and the bluebird of fucking happiness etc. Whoever designed those should be clubbed to death.

:D

I had the Ibanez nock-off (Concord) of the Gibson Hummingbird guitar for years. It was my grab-n-go, sing-along, camping trip guitar.
It was nothing special sound-wise or action-wise...so after I picked up a Cartvin Cobalt 250s, cedar-top guitar with satin finish....I never touched the Ibanez, and I sold it 2-3 years ago.

I can't believe this guy's asking $625 for his: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/281577916720?lpid=82&chn=ps

By the way....the Cobalts are quite good for the money, but Carvin stopped making them a couple of years ago, and I was pissed I didn't grab one of the Jumbo models when they were blowing them out.

Back