Acid Music Studio loop question

Chesnick

I'm hoping someone familiar with Acid Music Studio 10 will understand this:

I use a lot of loops when I record. On older versions of Acid, if you had a looped track in a project and you changed the BPM, the loop would automatically change in pitch accordingly - higher if the beat was faster, lower if slowed down, like a vinyl record. If you didn't want the pitch to change, there was a box you could check that said something like "maintain pitch when stretching".

The problem I'm experiencing with AMS 10 is that loops automatically stay the same pitch when changing the speed, and I don't want that to happen. If I'm working with a drum loop and want it slowed down, the program keeps the pitch the same resulting in that weird synthetic/stretched sound that happens whenever you digitally change the pitch of something. I WANT the drums to sound slowed down or sped up, and trying to manually change the pitch to match the speed of the loop is impossible.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

I don't have Music Studio 10, just the free version of ACID (Xpress 7.0), but on Sony's website where they describe the features of Music Studio 10 there's a picture of a window that looks like it might be relevant:

elastique Timestretch.png

I haven't used Acid much but it's a lot like Vegas which I've used extensively. It's most likely a global option and they probably changed the default setting from "let pitch follow speed" to "retain pitch when changing speed" with the new version.

Huh...I'm pretty sure that window isn't from Music Studio 10. I've never seen anything that looks like that.

I don't know, but it's at the bottom of the following page: ACID Music Studio 10 Features

I've downloaded the "quick start" manual but it really doesn't give any pertinent information to speak of. I've also downloaded the Music Studio 10 trial version. If I find the setting I'll be sure to let you know how to get to it.

Back