A Project...

I know exactly where you're coming from. I own old Marshall and Fender amps. The only reason I have them now is because I bought them so many years ago when I was a kid and you could still find them at reasonable prices. Sure I had to work, scrimp, and save, but that was part of it. A kid right out of highschool can't do that anymore. And that's regrettable.

Most high school kids these days are stupid as fuck. It's not the market's fault they can't get their shit together enough to buy a guitar.

xplodinguy said:
...I also found a pair of 1962 humbuckers off of a 1962 Gibson SG that I used to own..
If you're not aware, people will pay stupid money for those. Really stupid money. I'd be building a guitar around them.

Rather than building a guitar from scratch to your specs, have you considered modding an existing low-budget, like one of the Jags from guitarfetish.com?

Also, unless you truly live in the middle of nowhere, have you tried looking for a build clinic in your area? I'm seeing those pop up everywhere. You pay to get in and for materials, get access to some CNC machines and there's a luthier there to steer you in the right direction. You'd most likely get your guitar for under your price point, and, more invaluably, an education.

Also, unless you truly live in the middle of nowhere, have you tried looking for a build clinic in your area? I'm seeing those pop up everywhere. You pay to get in and for materials, get access to some CNC machines and there's a luthier there to steer you in the right direction. You'd most likely get your guitar for under your price point, and, more invaluably, an education.

That would be awesome.

A place like Woodcrafters? I thought about taking some classes there.

I don't know Woodcrafters, but I know a couple folks that did build classes in my area just this past year..and a quick search just now turned this up-
Build a Guitar with Tom Knatt
which looks cool and is only an hour away. I'm thinking about doing it now. I'm sure there must be similar classes in other regions?

He PM'd me with a request to do it but I politely declined.

Thats because ur are a FUCKING ASSHOLE!!! Your mother should have aborted ur usless ass, you FAGGITT CROTCH SNIFER! Good thing you dont live down Mississippi Ill RIP YOUR FACE OFF AND FUCK YOUR EYEBALL WITH A CROWBAR!!!!!! (etc)

Thats because ur are a FUCKING ASSHOLE!!! Your mother should have aborted ur usless ass, you FAGGITT CROTCH SNIFER! Good thing you dont live down Mississippi Ill RIP YOUR FACE OFF AND FUCK YOUR EYEBALL WITH A CROWBAR!!!!!! (etc)

No, that wasn't why I declined.

I feel like I should say something here....

That xplosivetoyz guy did go bananas and apeshit, yes, but I think he might have just been trolling for fun or having a bad day. I say this because I've talked with him outside of the forum. His avatar was a Ramones album, so one day I sent him a PM saying something like "hey dude love your avatar". He then went on to tell me about how he got that particular album etc etc and long story short, he sent it to me. For nothing. He knew I'm a longtime Ramones fan, so he took his pretty rare album out of it's glassed frame and shipped it to me, for no reason other than he felt like I'd respect and appreciate it. And I do. That was a pretty cool gesture to me. He just did it.

So yeah, he showed his ass a little and yall can feel free to rip him or whatever, but I just wanted to put that out there.

Another prop to Xplo. I recently purchased something from him and he spent two weeks in constant contact with me and the software provider arguing transfer of license. It was not an easy thing to do and I would have been screwed by any other seller. He also sent something special with the unit that I was not expecting.

Sure he just was having a bad day. I have had a few of them myself recently. :o

greg said:
So yeah, he showed his ass a little and yall can feel free to rip him or whatever, but I just wanted to put that out there.
It's all good. Read my post. I didn't come on here trashing the guy. He might need help...

Sure he just was having a bad day. I have had a few of them myself recently. :o

Well that's sweet. He has yet to actually utter a word to me first person direct without obscenities and threats. In post 7 here, he actually apologizes to Greg and Chili for threatening me, which is fucked, but he obviously has strong ideas about who among us deserves respect. When you have a mansion full of vintage LPs, Marshalls, and Fender amps, I guess you don't mix with just any riff raff.

Whatever, I won't make another peep, but it will take a little effort on his part before I join the XplosiveToyz love fest. Of course, if he sent me an album, then we could talk. :D

Back