A place to pull from

LazerBeakShiek

Rad Racing Team
My bass was in need of a place to pull from. Down or up.

Thumb Rocker ? Anybody heard of this little accessory? Easy mod on my short scale. It was missing something. I should get 3 more (1 fer each screw)at $5 bucks a schzwaggypie..
thumbrockr1.jpg
rs=w:2320,h:619

Or check these 'Tug Bar's' out...ThumbRocker / Zero Mod / Fender
zeroModTugBar.jpgThumbRocker.jpgfenderRest.jpg

Anything? Whatchugot?

Last edited:
I remember those being quite common years ago, in fact I had an old P bass that had one on it. I took it off because I didn't like it.

That looks like something that could easily be made from a bit of plastic stock or a hardwood such as Rosewood, even a piece of gash Dural!
You can also get some incredibly strong double sided adhesive tape and so no need to drill the body. Use alcohol to degrease all surfaces before stickypoo'ing.

Dave.

I've tried several basses having these - one, a thumb rest above the E; another below the G as a finger grab for thumbing. I could never get comfortable with either style. I rest my thumb on the E string except, sometimes, on an older Jazz with a covered neck PU, I may occasionally rest my thumb on the top corner of the cover plate.

I rest my thumb on the E string except, sometimes, on an older Jazz with a covered neck PU, I may occasionally rest my thumb on the top corner of the cover plate.
That's not enough for me. A Tug Bar provides a level of comfort. They allow for a straighter geometry across the string line. Something fastened with screws, for security. Yet needs no new holes drilled.

Back