A new recording of an old song

Jimtl

This is an original song of mine originally recorded in the 90's with a band I was playing with. I was never happy with the end result since the band sounded so much better live than the recorded version. The original singer had a really powerful voice so that's in the back of my mind -- but I'm giving it my best.

FWIW, I play all the parts and sing (drums are EZ Drums with some midi drums I tapped in). This is the first recording on my Presonus Firestudio mobile using mics for acoustic guitar and vocal. I used an AKG 3000B in an untreated room (I'm working on it)! Electric guitar and bass were plugged in direct (no amps) I just wanted to try it out ... the "amps" are Ampire software plugins. I'll probably come back and redo it again, but for now "it is what it is".

SoundClick artist: JimTL - page with MP3 music downloads

Thanks

JIm

Wow.. I thought that was a great song!! And the vocals, to me, were excellent man. Everything seemed pretty balanced.. I'm sure the more experienced gentlemen here can give you a more in depth critique. thanks for sharing the song!! Thoroughly enjoyed it!

Back