A few short duets... relax and have a Corona.

Rick, bigbubba, EddieRay, dannyguitar, cmhansen, variaxman, rayc, Nakatira, jpw23, David - Thanks very much for the input.

I agree about beer and brain cells David. :cool:

These are all just old traditional tunes. I plan to do more with them in their full lengths and an added part or two. But this gives me a start and the feedback helps.

Last edited:
missed this one Tim... very inspirational, extremely enjoyeable, excellent tones and overall soundscape... I should just copy and paste this phrase into all of your threads -> "sounds professional" :) Cheers Timbot

Timothy Lawler said:
Gtr 1 uses both mic's panned 15% right, gtr 2 uses both mic's panned 15% left. I just checked the relative volume levels of the two mic's... on the backing gtr the MSH is a little higher than the Schoeps, and for the lead line it's reversed.

I dont get it, did you record using those 2 mics in stereo? why would you pan the right and left mic both left? and the same for the other one right? It sounds great I just dont understand why taht works can anyone explain?

Reactions: XLR
DAS19 said:
I dont get it, did you record using those 2 mics in stereo? why would you pan the right and left mic both left? and the same for the other one right? It sounds great I just dont understand why taht works can anyone explain?

That way it sounds like two players are sitting next to each other. Otherwise it would sound like one is sitting in the other's lap.

Aha, a thread brought back from the dead. :eek:

Travis, Snakebot – thanks much guys. 11110011111010011111010111!!

DAS19, apl – The idea with the mike combination is different than that of a stereo configuration. The physical setup is like the mikes are bolted together to create one giant double barrel mike that combines the characteristics of each. The MSH had a spacious feel to the sound and the mk41 had a focused sound with a detailed high end. If you set them up just right with their diaphragms located one above the other (equidistant from the gtr) they’ll be in phase with one another and combine with no noticeable comb filtering.

Timothy Lawler said:
Aha, a thread brought back from the dead. :eek:

Travis, Snakebot – thanks much guys. 11110011111010011111010111!!

DAS19, apl – The idea with the mike combination is different than that of a stereo configuration. The physical setup is like the mikes are bolted together to create one giant double barrel mike that combines the characteristics of each. The MSH had a spacious feel to the sound and the mk41 had a focused sound with a detailed high end. If you set them up just right with their diaphragms located one above the other (equidistant from the gtr) they’ll be in phase with one another and combine with no noticeable comb filtering.

You're so smart!

Reactions: XLR
Timothy Lawler said:
Not me. I heard about the technique a while ago. Over at rec.audio.pro probably.

You're so humble! Of all the crazy ideas that are presented on all these boards, you picked one that works well!

Back