A band reunion after 41 years, DJL, and life in general.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm,
Maybe doc's not so crazy after all.
By the way, I love my Studio Projects C3. I am thinking about a T3. I am also thinking about a ribbon. Which way would you go?
Current Inventory
Groove Tube 1B (fet and tube)
NTK
Audio Technica 3035, 4033, 4050
CAD M37, M179
RE20
Senn 441
two pair Oktava mc012
a mess of dynamics---shure beta 58's, 58's, 57's, senn 845's, ev whatever they are

Big Kenny said:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm,
By the way, I love my Studio Projects C3. I am thinking about a T3. I am also thinking about a ribbon. Which way would you go?
Audition the T3 because it's SP's top of the line mic... also checkout some ribbon mics.

Big Kenny said:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm,
The T3 is a great mic to my ears. While I'm in California, I hope to visit Wes Dooley at AEA and see what he has to say about the new Nady ribbon mic (and possibly snag it for my own testing).

Other than ribbon mics, it looks like you could use a couple of omnis. I think you have most bases covered as far as vocal choices.

Brent Casey said:
I'm fine. Just fully clothed, that's all.
Say, where were you for AES?
No, I had to work... but I heard you guys had the new SPA mic there... I really wish I would have been there to see the mic and etc. Were you there? And I'm stuck in the office again today too. :(

Have yourself a great time, Harvey! We want a full report when you get back. And just so you know, I'm one of the hundreds (tens? thousands? haven't done the empirical research so have no statistics to show) of people here who've read anything you posted and learned from it. You were the one who helped me most when I first got into condenser mics. It was your advice I followed when I took the plunge and it was really solid advice; not a single dollar was wasted. So thank you once again and tell us all about it when you get home.

If you ever find yourself in Montpelier, Vt., there's supper and a room waiting for ya. Right next to the disaster I call a studio. :cool:

Hey, Bro - get yerself a great supper, get some sleep, and start the morning right with some of Bdgr's custom coffee - really great stuff. Your day will be right with Panther City Coffee in your cup. You can order it online for only ten bucks a pound at http://www.panthercitycoffee.com , Bdgr's very own Coffay House - brand new, shiny roaster, brand new shiny espresso machine, brand new shiny mortgage. Good stuff. Put a little panther in your cup today!

I learned from Harvey, and when I want to reach him, I go to PSW. I just don't have any interest in reading this kind of thread. But his sticky thread here on mics is great and I still go there.

No one is perfect and so what if someone goes too far for their own taste sometimes, I don't care. Everybody is learning all the time. It's easier to not judge harshly. Let it go, nothing here is written in stone, no reason to think it's any more serious than some bar room conversation. I search for the good stuff, find it, ignore the rest. This can be a diversion from more imporant things in life, like music, or just about anything else.

It would have been a LOT easier just to delete this thread, but I spent a long time editing it and deleting posts to make a point. And that point is that things are a lot nicer when there's no nasty stuff about anyone. Can you just feel the love now?

LOL, we sound so much more civilized now, almost like we all like each other. Dragon, you should work as a spin doctor in politics. :D

Harvey Gerst said:
Well, my four planned food stops in L.A. are Canter's Deli on Fairfax, Tito's Tacos off Sepulveda, Norm's on La Cienega, and Pink's on La Brea.

Stop the madness!!! I just dont get the whole Titos Tacos thing?!?! Its cat food in a deep fried shell!! But I must be missing something because a lot of engineers I really respect seem to like it. My mastering guy loves it.

When you are ordering at Titos you can actually see my studio. I am about 200 yards away. Cinco de Mayo is right next to Titos and is much better.

Have a great trip and I second the Roscoes suggestions as well as strongly encourage a Killer Shrimp visit.

Ah, Tito's Tacos. When my wife and I used to live in Mar Vista, we ate at Tito's eeeeevery Friday night...oh, yeah. And they's always a huge line.

Another wise stop in L.A. is any Astro Burger.

I LOVE L.A.!!!!!

Back