I’m just a child
They refuse to believe it
Maybe that's why I'm quiet
While wanting to be set free
But it’s just not that easy

Such a great morning to've been young
77 minutes is a lifetime for some

Last edited:
So I figured I'd throw a video together for the piece. I copped a network TV report off YouTube from yesterday, darkened it for background playing - and then posted a lyric video on Facebook and Tik Tok this morning.

I don't know if anyone goes to Facebook much anymore, but almost zero activity there.

Last time I'd posted on Tik Tok was roughly March of last year. I almost never go there - and OMG the sound quality is terrible following the conversion to their format.

I recorded this through 3 passes w/ a single mic - a Dachman Audio DA87i - touted as a U87 replica/clone - into my Studer pres on my Soundcraft UI24r

My 12 Str is an Epiphone - custom modified. I bought for 100 bucks at an antique shop. Incredible action for a 12 str - and zero buzz. It's really quite remarkable. So - running flat through the pres - I did a left channel pass playing the guitar, and then a right channel pass mimicking the left channel. Guitar tracks are panned hard right and left - but sometimes the illusion is just a wide single guitar.

3rd pass was the straight up vocal.

The other remarkable thing is the stupid video on Tik Tok has over a thousand views since this morning. It jumped quick, and has slowed. Still - surprised me.

Vocal performance is really good.

Love the doubled guitar parts.

I'm still hearing that "singing through an empty paper towel roll." Maybe post a version of the song with no vocal processing? Is that what the recording sounds like? Is it coming from the room? It sure sounds to me like a weird reverb or delay.

Guitars sound good. A bit too much high end and high-midrange. Just a bit.

Vocal performance is really good.

Love the doubled guitar parts.

I'm still hearing that "singing through an empty paper towel roll." Maybe post a version of the song with no vocal processing? Is that what the recording sounds like? Is it coming from the room? It sure sounds to me like a weird reverb or delay.

Guitars sound good. A bit too much high end and high-midrange. Just a bit.
Hey bud! I think the hollow sound is a combo of the slap and tight reverb I'm using - kind of "down the hall" effect. I actually had that turned up quite a bit - and brought it back way more dry than I first had it.

Agreed on the gits - as 12 strings are jangly to begin with. The trick is keeping that sparkle while not letting the highs get too jangling/jarring. Dachay2tnr noticed same. You both are correct.

No it's still there. I wonder what your vocal setup is. There is just this weird delay thing going on. Almost slap-back. But not quite.

Maybe change your room? Put the mic in a different spot? Maybe some room treatment?

No it's still there. I wonder what your vocal setup is. There is just this weird delay thing going on. Almost slap-back. But not quite.

Maybe change your room? Put the mic in a different spot? Maybe some room treatment?
Hmm ... maybe because I set the mic to omni - I'm getting bounce back.

As others have said, I really like that 12-string acoustic! Great playing, nice "bounce" to it, keeps the song grooving without any percussion. Very cool. Great song!

Back