64bit drivers???

Assuming they are OHCI compliant, USB and FireWire cards should not require drivers. That's the whole point of defining an interface specification like OHCI.... Are you saying that Windows doesn't have a generic OHCI USB/FireWire driver?

Or are you asking for audio interfaces with 64-bit Windows drivers? Your question is a little confusing. :D

erm.....yes i might be confused.

so you are saying that my usb fast track pro m-audio card should just plug straight into my asus quadcore mother board and tracktion will work straight away ...cause thats what i was hoping would happen....

but i read somewhere that i needed 64bit drivers for the win xp64 operating system on my quadcore to handshake with the m-audio ??

trouble is that this is all theory till i get back to my house with my computer...which happens to be in another country....so i cant try it out yet....but if i know it doesnt work i can buy another sound card interface that will!! while im in a country that sells this kind of stuff.

so you are saying that my usb fast track pro m-audio card should just plug straight into my asus quadcore mother board and tracktion will work straight away ...cause thats what i was hoping would happen....

The USB Fast Track Pro Audio Interface is, by definition, NOT a card because it doesn't plug into a slot.

What I said was that a USB card will work. You know, a device that plugs into a slot and gives you extra USB ports.

The Fast Track Pro does not have 64-bit Windows drivers as far as I could find, so unless it's a class-compliant audio device (doubtful for an M-Audio interface), it will be a brick in 64-bit Windows.

As for interfaces with 64-bit Windows drivers... best bet is to look at the manufacturer's website before buying a device. I see that MOTU has 64-bit Windows drivers across their entire line (for all currently-shipping hardware, anyway). They had them working way back in 64-bit XP. Not sure about anybody else.

Back