20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

Dr.SpringReverb

Dieser Hund
Another gimmicky portastudio song. A bit sloppy i guess. The watersounds were recorded on the computer. Featuring double-tape-speed drums and a drinking glass.

Cool - bit repetitive but the variety of sounds does change it up and makes it interesting. The main instrument (guitar??Bass??) has a sharp string.
This is how my 4 tracks were supposed to sound.... I was not even close to this...oh well. Mix is good for me overall and great tone choices.

Cool - bit repetitive but the variety of sounds does change it up and makes it interesting. The main instrument (guitar??Bass??) has a sharp string.
This is how my 4 tracks were supposed to sound.... I was not even close to this...oh well. Mix is good for me overall and great tone choices.
Thanks.
Yeah, i had the fear that it's too repetitive :e
The main instrument is a double tracked bass; didn't really notice the sharp string until now, you're right, i hope it's not too bad.

---------- Update ----------

The "Ventures" of the new millennium? Cool
Something like that; or Les Paul (with very simplified playing) meets Joe Meek.
Thanks!

Where's Heatmiser btw?

Last edited:
like the reverb textures...and the wide panning drips gives lots of depth to the mix ,no pun intended :facepalm:.
Was atmospheric, and held my attention....

Cool sounds. Some creative use of sound effects. I liked that "water guitar" on the right side.

I think the bass was a little bit loud and a bit heavy in the low end.

I was also looking for the song to go somewhere.

Cool sounds. Some creative use of sound effects. I liked that "water guitar" on the right side.

I think the bass was a little bit loud and a bit heavy in the low end.

I was also looking for the song to go somewhere.

Hey,
thanks for the comment.
The water guitar is actually tape-sped-up singing :D Yeah, i boosted the whole mix a bit under 80hz or so, maybe too much.
You're right, the song lacks a real climax; i tried to make up for it with varied instrumentation/sounds

Back