My Corona

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can honestly say is that it would be one heck of a coincidence if each and every one of them caught the virus at home or at friends'. Possible, of course. But nonetheless remarkable.

Just yesterday our governor in NY, Adolf Cuomo, stated that they were seeing a high percentage of new cases coming from people who have been staying at home the last two months.

So not all that remarkable....especially considering that the virus was well spread in the bigger cities and the more populous areas of high-destination countries.
Basically...a lot of people were already infected...and then shut themselves in without knowing it...or it's due to the pseudo shut-in nonsense, because people still need to go out to get basic necessities.

Believe it or not, for some of us, that is our default position in life, notwithstanding that sometimes excruciatingly difficult choices have to be made. Every life is precious and if a life can be kept going and the person doesn't want to checkout just yet, then keep it going.

Most people consider life as precious...but there is a point of diminishing returns that has to be considered. Would you risk the lives of 20 to save one...???
That happens often...and then 5 people die to save one...and all they get is a hero's funeral. What about their precious lives...?

Our politicians who forced the shutdowns take all the virus recovery numbers as "lives saved"...which is total BS, since most of those people would have probably survived anyway...and the ones that died, would have died anyway.
What about all the people who have been killed by the ventilators they were put on...? Is that just "part of" the saving of life attempts, and that's acceptable?
IOW...the saving of life is not a guarantee. The risk is always there. Telling people that if they stay home it will save lives is a lot of propaganda but no guarantee.

To destroy the livelihood, the economy, the lifestyles of MILLIONS of people, not to mention the number of actual lives that will be lost from all that (and not the virus itself), so that we can *possibly* save some lives from the virus...is that a fair trade-off?
There's a point were reality has to be faced, as bad as it may be. So just pushing that aside with the notion that "every life if precious"...is pretty reckless, IMO.
It's like..."we'll worry about the fallout from our reactions to the virus down the road...not now". :rolleyes:

We send soldiers to war.
We all hope that no one will get killed...but we know that's not going to happen, and some will die so the rest of us can go on.

Here's the latest "new" news.

New evidence suggests the coronavirus was likely spreading in the US and France as early as December

Like DUH...they just figured that out. :facepalm:
This is way these shutdowns aren't working in the US and other countries where the virus was well spread BEFORE the shutdowns.
This is why we're making it worse by staying in. Had we allowed natural herd immunity to take place...by now the virus would be fading away.
Instead...we're most likely going to have a worse second wave come Fall.

Every life is precious...

I went out today to pick something up, and took a bit of a longer ride...and on the way I was thinking some more about the "every life is precious" thing.

TBH...the more I thought about it, the more I realized that's just a crock of feel-good crap that we all say when we are in public because it sounds nice and it's the "right" thing to say...but in reality, it's not what most people really think...and I'm talking about what good people think deep inside, but choose not to say it out loud for fear of social rebuke....so they instead say what they know everyone prefers to hear, even if it isn't true.
I'm not talking about you specifically...just people in general.

IMO...the only time you can truly say that about life and have it be accurate, is when someone is born...and maybe somewhat during their innocent, childhood development years, when the power of decision making has not yet been fully developed or attained by them.

After that...NO...every life is certainly NOT precious.
There are so many lives that amount to just a pile of shit...all by their own hand, by their own decision making...that there is absolutely nothing precious about them at all.

I mean...when scumbags who have spent their lives destroying other lives, suddenly die...do you really care, do you really feel theirs was a "precious" life to lose?
Honestly...I don't.
Heck, there are times when some absolute scum dies tragically...it's almost worth celebrating.
Even when you consider those who are not that evil and mean...like people who go through life simply wasting it, always taking from it and never giving anything back...those are not "precious" lives to me.
I couldn't care less about them leaving the planet in any manner, at any time.

That said...it would be better if every life truly was precious.

Last edited:
When I said you show your bias, I'm not talking generally, I'm talking about your specific anti~govt bias that will arise regardless of what any govt does.
I'm not here to bash or fight with you because yours is often a valuable and enjoyable to read contribution to a variety of topics. But I'm curious ~ what do you suggest should have been done ?

1) specific bias..... yup that’s true. I worked in the federal government. I’ve seen it from the inside with a security clearance. I’ve also studied a bit of history. Governments rarely have a track record of doing the right thing.

More often they are looking for ways to get more control over it’s citizens, all while enriching themselves and amassing more power.
A crisis is invented, magnified, or just used to enact legislation that they wanted all along.
Once the crisis is over the legislative powers are never rescinded.
The populace’s agreement is needed to put the measures in place. This is often done by creating fear. A situation is created that scares the shit out of people and people are now on board with the ‘solution’ This solution almost always involves a loss of freedom and liberties.
The media is in lockstep with the agenda and acts as the agency to ‘sell it to the public”.
Its a simple but very effective control formula.

Now to clarify, I do not believe that this disease is a “hoax”. It’s very real. But...... it’s not what they’re making it out to be.

2) I’m glad you’re not here to bash or fight, that would just be dumb. :)

But I am a bit surprised that you’ve found my content worthwhile.;) Thanks!

3) What would I do? Hell if I know.
I might have locked it all down but only for a week or two.
I would have assembled a team that did not have vested interests, and were not tied in with the Gates foundations.
I would have never given the duty to Mike Pence to put together a Task force, but instead invited (and paid for) multitudes of doctors and independent scientists to the White House to figure things out. I would have consulted with the CDC and WHO, but realized that they have their own political agendas and financial interests.

Those are just some random thoughts on the medical side

On the country and well being of it, I’d keep it open. I know of someone who is home dying of cancer because the hospital won’t take him in. It’s covid 19 all the time.

We’re had many pandemics. Every year! It’s called the flu. Every year they promote the ‘get your flu shot’ mantra. Yet tons of people still die. Hmmm
But the country never shuts down.

I’ve experienced much death in my life. It’s always tragic. But there’s an old saying.... Life Goes On”

In short, I don’t know How I’d handle it if I was in charge, but I do know they’re handling it all wrong.
And there’s quite a few doctors who would agree with me. Too bad they’re all being censored in the mainstream media and the silicon valley mega corporations. Who, btw, will profit handsomely from the surveillance measures being implemented.

Yeah I agree, the virus is real (intentional or not, IDK)… I get real updates from people working there in the city hospitals and believe it more than the fake media. The CDC is real, but they don't know and even on their website they say you cant collect true statistics until the event is over. Each hospital is a different set of managers and financial desires, some with compassion and some wanting to turn a profit.

The vaccine and testing, for example, will be a great challenge and success for the scientists but has also attracted the crooked-corrupt opportunists greed and game playing.

Is China releasing this on purpose or just another sloppy lab mistake?

Today unemployment numbers in the USA rose to the same level as during the Great Depression...
...but yeah, let's all stay home for a few more months and wait for the government to bail us out.
We'll starve...but we will feel "safe" while we starve.

Not to mention 25 Trillion in debt!!! That’s a lot of zeros.
Gee!!! How the hell is that gonna be paid? How’s even the interest on that gonna be paid?
And WHO is gonna pay it??????

And WHO is gonna pay it??????

Aw c'mon now...you know who will end up paying that.
They toss out some cheesy $1200 per person...but will collect 10X more in future new taxes from each person, to cover the billions of bailout that is going to go to big corporations, auto makers, bio-tech companies..etc..etc.

Just think...if they would simply reopen the economy...with just a little care and caution, everyone could go back to work, business would not collapse...and we wouldn't need to get bailed out and add trillions to the national debt.
But hey...some people want to feel perpetually safe...and that's going to cost us a lot more than they realize over the next decade.

I was being a bit sarcastic. ;)
I know who will pay for it. You, me, our neighbors, friends, our kids, our grandkids, their kids and grandkids etc, etc.
Now of course, the corporations and the banks who received the bulk of the money won’t pay a dime! Even if they do get hit with some of the bill, they’ll be sure to pass it on to us.

I was being a bit sarcastic. ;)

I know you were...:)...and I meant to add a... ;) ...at the end of the sentence, but figured you wouldn't take it as a serious comment.

So now some experts are admitting that we are NOT going to contain the virus, and that hoping for a vaccine is way too much like putting all our eggs in one basket. He pointed out that when the HIV virus showed up, we were confident of a vaccine in a couple of years...and now 40 years later, still no vaccine.

Public health expert on coronavirus: "We're well past containment at this point"

This is the point I've been making...we need to just accept the virus and work with it, which means some risk, but with caution, it wouldn't be much worse than what we have now with the entire country sitting home waiting for miracles and hiding from the virus.

If we had only allowed natural herd immunity take place from the start, we already be seeing the virus spread fading, and much less chance of any second wave...but instead, people think that we need to give up everything, even if it means saving one extra life...so we sit home and watch the economic destruction taking its toll...and so far, how are we doing with the life saving actions...?
Not that good, because the virus got ahead of us.

He pointed out that when the HIV virus showed up, we were confident of a vaccine in a couple of years...and now 40 years later, still no vaccine.
Though there are some similarities they're incredibly different types of viruses, transmitted completely differently and most importantly HIV is a permanent disease whereas Covid with a 5% death rate has an average of a 14 to 42 day life span in the human body before the immune system kicks it's ass or it kicks yours..

Way different bugs so reminding us that they still haven't found a vaccine for HIV is IMO pretty lame but he got his 15 seconds of fame flapping his chops.

It is true that they may not be successful in any quick amount of time though phase 1 human trials have started...Soon enough time will tell about the circus and the wishing well.. someone who will buy and sell, someone to toll my bell for me..... and me, I'll just continue to burn this same old midnight lamp.:guitar: Loneliness is such a drag....

[MENTION=1094]TAE[/MENTION] I think you hit on the answer! Song lyrics! We’ll just write lyrics and sing it away ;)

Ps. Didn’t grow up in LA:)

Way different bugs so reminding us that they still haven't found a vaccine for HIV is IMO pretty lame but he got his 15 seconds of fame flapping his chops.

I don't think he was trying to compare the two as virus types...but rather to point out that we don't do very well finding vaccines for viruses...it's all rather hit or miss, with only partial success even when it's a hit.

Not to mention...they are now seeing a whole new strain of COVID-19...and it appears that it can infect those who already had the first strain.
So really...we need a vaccines that can mutate with the virus for it be of any real value.
This why it's silly for people to be staying inside and waiting (and I know many, many are) for some vaccine to save the day and let them go back to some normal lifestyle.

We need to fight the virus head-on...meet spread with spread. The faster we can spread natural immunity, the less chance for the virus to survive and/or mutate to a new strain.

I don't think he was trying to compare the two as virus types...but rather to point out that we don't do very well finding vaccines for viruses...it's all rather hit or miss, with only partial success even when it's a hit.

Not to mention...they are now seeing a whole new strain of COVID-19...and it appears that it can infect those who already had the first strain.
So really...we need a vaccines that can mutate with the virus for it be of any real value.
This why it's silly for people to be staying inside and waiting (and I know many, many are) for some vaccine to save the day and let them go back to some normal lifestyle.

We need to fight the virus head-on...meet spread with spread. The faster we can spread natural immunity, the less chance for the virus to survive and/or mutate to a new strain.

Every year we have a flu. Every year we have a vaccine. Every year people get sick with the flu, Every year people die.
How’s beating those viruses going???

Not well by the statistics.

Yet we don’t shut down the whole freaking planet to ‘save lives’ as we’re doing now. We are possibly destroying our whole civilization in the process.

I’ve always thought the politicians were the problem. I’ve come to the conclusion it’s the media. The media is the entity who sells us. They sell us wars, politicians, drugs, pandemics etc.
They are the primary source of the information that so many are basing their view of the world on. They are well funded by the pharmaceutical industry and evil ‘do gooders’ like Gates.
Ever notice how many drug ads there are? And how many ‘News’ stories are nothing but infomercials for drugs?

Big pharma does not give a shit about you and I . Big pharma doesn’t want a healthy population , No money in that.

And the media is just trying to scare the shit out of everyone.

Can you imagine if every day all you heard about was car wrecks, complete with graphic images?? And every day the kept on adding up the death tally??? No one would ever get behind the wheel.
Yet in the real world, every time we get in that car we are facing the possibility of death.
But we don’t let that bother us. We take precautions, drive safely, put on are seat belts.
We manage our own risk.

Yet with this covid bullshit, and the media created panic, we let big daddy govt be in control of our lives, shut down our businesses, and basically dismantle the world.
All while we wait for this ‘magic’ vaccine that’s gonna make it all better, and big daddy government to give us the okie doke to live our lives again.
Disgusting

I don't watch the TV news channels...avoid TV programming that has ads...and try to ignore the endless crap that gets stuff in your mailbox.

I can find news when I need to find news...but otherwise, all those "news programs"...they are all just endless, biased propaganda.
I'm not just talking about the liberal new channels...I don't even watch the conservative news programs anymore. They all pretty much are pushing biased opinion mixed in with a little news. It's pathetic.
The old news channels of 30-40 years ago...where they just ran through the news only 2-3 times during the day, when there were specific news hours...those days are gone. When they went to the cable news, and 24/7 reporting...they realized that they needed to fill all that air time, so that's when the propaganda really started to become evident.
Oh, even way back in the day, the news was influenced to some degree by politics and corporate interests...but there was still a good amount of solid news reporting without the "sales" pitch...which now days, is part the media in everything.

I don't even bother with the internet outside of a few audio forum sites...and my gear lust interests that might lead me to some product sites.
Never bothered with Facebook...never used Twitter...no Instagram...and no sites that simply push propaganda they support.
Society these days is totally under the influence of that stuff...and so much of what they think, what they do, is controlled through the media, without them even realizing it.

I don't watch the TV news channels...avoid TV programming that has ads...and try to ignore the endless crap that gets stuff in your mailbox.

I can find news when I need to find news...but otherwise, all those "news programs"...they are all just endless, biased propaganda.
I'm not just talking about the liberal new channels...I don't even watch the conservative news programs anymore. They all pretty much are pushing biased opinion mixed in with a little news. It's pathetic.
The old news channels of 30-40 years ago...where they just ran through the news only 2-3 times during the day, when there were specific news hours...those days are gone. When they went to the cable news, and 24/7 reporting...they realized that they needed to fill all that air time, so that's when the propaganda really started to become evident.
Oh, even way back in the day, the news was influenced to some degree by politics and corporate interests...but there was still a good amount of solid news reporting without the "sales" pitch...which now days, is part the media in everything.

I don't even bother with the internet outside of a few audio forum sites...and my gear lust interests that might lead me to some product sites.
Never bothered with Facebook...never used Twitter...no Instagram...and no sites that simply push propaganda they support.
Society these days is totally under the influence of that stuff...and so much of what they think, what they do, is controlled through the media, without them even realizing it.

Preach it, brother!

Morning quarterbacks have 2020 vision...

Of course China is lying and it's all a fantasy that they are opened up and back at it and their internal economy is booming..all still CHOOSING to wear mask, be careful and STILL Taking temperatures! China played hardball and told the snivelers to STFU..this shit is serious and this is how it goes down and the results as of 5-9-2020 are as posted below...1.3 billion people and they had 1 yes 1 new case.....read em and be ashamed...How in the the name of uncommon sense can anyone try and dispute that China got it right and we did a half ass job of getting it right and have paid and continue to pay the price is flabbergasting... yet it continues...HERD theory , it's the end of the world as we know it...Trump did it...it's Monty's fault...bat eaters ...mother and bears did it...Father rapers! It's an absurd freak flag waving "free" world we're living in....:wtf:

5-9-2020.PNG

[MENTION=1094]TAE[/MENTION]
You can applaud China all you want. At the end of the day it’s still a communist country.
I don’t get it. Are you praising how they handled the virus, or are you praising the authoritarian surveillance state?

I don’t know if you’ve heard, but Ventura county announced family members could be (if tested positive) be removed from their homes if there’s only on bathroom and relocated.

Sounds like nazi bullshit to me.

[MENTION=1094]TAE[/MENTION]
You can applaud China all you want. At the end of the day it’s still a communist country.
I don’t get it. Are you praising how they handled the virus, or are you praising the authoritarian surveillance state?

I don’t know if you’ve heard, but Ventura county announced family members could be (if tested positive) be removed from their homes if there’s only on bathroom and relocated.

Sounds like nazi bullshit to me.

Sound like you didn't look at todays numbers to me... Evil China 1.3 billion people.....1 case, Flag waving, freedom fighting USA 330 million people 14,800+ cases IN ONE DAY! Doesn't that make you make you stop and think just maybe they might have done the right thing? All those poor people that were locked down and were told to toe the line mutha fucka you aren't going anywhere 3 months ago are guess what? Alive.....and going about their business as usual living the same quality of life they had before the virus sans they have to wear a mask...get zapped for temperatures at local business's and show their iphone to authorities when asked to show their health qr code.... Oh the horror! So today I finally know a friend who's sister died yesterday from this bitch... 12 times as many cases in USA TWELVE FRICKING TIMES AS MANY CASES! 19 times as many deaths in a country with 1/4 the population...which means 76 times per capita death rate...We're Brilliant Freedom Fighters! And we're not even close to getting where CHina is in getting it under control...THIS IS NOT ABOUT POLITICS....... Fascist, Nazi's, Good guys , bad guys...Freedom...my rights! DUMB ASSES! It's about a pandemic virus that is 45+ times more deadly than the flu...We have blown it from the start and we're still blowing it REALLY BAD... Desperate measure for desperate times...self absorbed, it's not my problem, I'm not going to die from it...why should everyone suffer let the old and sick die let the herd roam free.....When we have a clear as bell light shinning from CHina how we could have avoided all of this...Talk about your freedom and rights to all those people, all those families that have lost one of those old and or sickly loved ones...All the bullshit and grandstanding, lies and misguidance surely place a punctuation mark on the phrase..."The masses are asses"

You think the Ventura thing smells of Nazi? Holy shit man....That's taking bold smart moves to stop the spread. And anyone that was in contact with him needs to be quarantined for 2 weeks...but Noooooooo I want my freedom...you can't make me...sorry about your sister that I gave it to..she was old n sick anyway....:drunk:

Let's take a walk back 2 months... to the beginning of where we started screwing the pooch..

To quote Mark Twain again - "It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled."

No one denies the existence of the COVID-19 virus, or the devastation it's causing...but everything else that's gone on surrounding the virus, deserves a great deal of examination.
We have been served many "facts" with a huge helping of fear...which instantly makes them that much more believable and reduces the need for greater proof.

As FDR once said..."The only thing we have to fear is...fear itself"...because he knew that unless we can get past our fear, we would never win the fight.

Believing any "facts" that come out of China as 100% truthful and accurate...would be a big mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back