Lick me...

Consider yourself licked. You taste horrible BTW.

(Totally OT, but our studios in Camden Lock in London used to be next door to a comedy club called Jongleurs. It was a good comedy club but I always resented them for taking over and closing down my favourite lunch time pizza place which used to have the same building.)

Edited to add: Here you go. Your namesake is the building in the foreground, the pizza place they closed is the part with the umbrellas on the roof and that red brick place in the background was us.

image.jpg

Everyone you know on FB sees you liked someone. For me that is like 10 people. I am not an FB guy. But it is pretty good to connect to local artists, see what is going on.

Everyone you know on FB sees you liked someone. For me that is like 10 people. I am not an FB guy. But it is pretty good to connect to local artists, see what is going on.

I still don't really understand. What do you mean "everyone you know"? How does facebook know who you know?

I still don't really understand. What do you mean "everyone you know"? How does facebook know who you know?

You add them to a list (friend them). Like Google's Circles, which I kind of like better as most people on that actual report things.

On FB, there is a group I joined, Cincinnati Area Musicians. This is useful as it has musicians on it and clubs/booking agents looking for a artists.

It has some usefulness. Part of my family is in Germany (brother/sister in law, Nieces, Nephews), so I can see what they are up to, dating, what not. For someone like me, whose family and friends are all over the world, I can see what they are up too. Usually not much, but still, you get to keep in touch.

It is not all bad, just mostly bad.:D

You add them to a list (friend them). Like Google's Circles, which I kind of like better as most people on that actual report things.

On FB, there is a group I joined, Cincinnati Area Musicians. This is useful as it has musicians on it and clubs/booking agents looking for a artists.

It has some usefulness. Part of my family is in Germany (brother/sister in law, Nieces, Nephews), so I can see what they are up to, dating, what not. For someone like me, whose family and friends are all over the world, I can see what they are up too. Usually not much, but still, you get to keep in touch.

It is not all bad, just mostly bad.:D

Your family dates each other? :eek: :laughings:

So you have a list of "friends" and they see everything you do and vice versa? So if you "like" something, they know you "liked" something and they can check it out for themselves? And you see everything they "like"?

So you have a list of "friends" and they see everything you do and vice versa? So if you "like" something, they know you "liked" something and they can check it out for themselves? And you see everything they "like"?

Pretty much. Also, there is no "disliking", so if you don't press that fucking button some people are going to think you dislike it. (Hmm, no like from Greg? He must be hating it!)

Pretty much. Also, there is no "disliking", so if you don't press that fucking button some people are going to think you dislike it. (Hmm, no like from Greg? He must be hating it!)

Lol. Facebook seems like a very insecure place.

I'd be interested if there was a dislike button though.

But, and I did this, you can unfriend somebody. What they were posting was just rubbish, so, I'm like, I don't want to read this crap. So, I unfriended them. I get a call, hey why did you ...

So now, I use the ignore button a lot. ;)

And club owners fall for this? I'm not even on facebook and I know that facebook "friends" are not actual fans that will travel and pay to see a band play.

Now that I can understand.

Actually, that is how all this free stuff works, get people to use it so you can get advertisement revenue. Not any different than this place, just a new spin on it.

For businesses, its a way to draw an advertising base.

Now that I can understand.

The yellow pages and phone books for that matter are practically the way of the dinosaur now.
You usta be able to look a person up in the phone book for their land line number ... Now with everyone with a cell phone they have become invisible unless there is some way to connect over the interwebs.

There should be a cell phone directory. - the new muti gazillion dollar internet business.

Actually, that is how all this free stuff works, get people to use it so you can get advertisement revenue. Not any different than this place, just a new spin on it.

I get all that. This site is a mining operation for advertisers. I'm well aware. I'm also blocking ads. My point is I'm just failing to see how likes or liking does anything for an individual not promoting or selling anything..

Back