DAW Users With ADD

No, it's definitely not Vodka :p

And I pulled the Los Gigantos gag on wifey on holiday and she said it was more like Los Minutos :o

If you had a chopper called Los Gigantos that lived up to its name, how come you are having the time to play with Photo-editor software on a Saturday afternoon? :) Having said that, I think Mount Rushmore would be enhanced with my features carved on it :rolleyes: Who do I see about arranging it? :)

After looking at the picture of Paul I noticed it had one major flaw...so I took the liberty of "fixing" it.

Attachments

• Improved picture.jpg
    Improved picture.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 28
acidrock said:
EEEEK!LOL. :D :cool:

C'mon Paul's old enough to be my father..and your brother!

Yes, bit I can PLAY the guitar :p (not that you would ever know from my work output :o )

Anyway, the baldy picture of me was quite shocking - wifey is now looking at me with that question running through her mind - how many years before I actually look like you two? :( :)

Acid, the picture of me in you back yard actually looks like a friend of ours - who of course, looks like you :cool:

Is it just me...
or is the word "gigantos" not quite what it used to be. :confused:

Sports
The Packers put on a seminar on how to suck Friday.
Today I'm taking the family to the Brewers game.
I'm not a sports fan,I'm a sports masochist.

Acid, the picture of me in you back yard actually looks like a friend of ours - who of course, looks like you
Lucky devil.

how many years before I actually look like you ?
That would require a time machine,plastic surgery and a rigorous exercise regimen. :p

LATER!!!

RECORDING
I know we're not supposed to talk about it here but...
Cakewalk is again offering it's 'Last chance' special.
The fact that they are offering a free upgrade tells me 5 isn't going to set the world on fire either.
It could just be me,but there just isn't any new product out there that I'm really lusting after.
I wouldn't mind some mega samples..if they weren't mega priced.Being mainly a guitar player most of that stuff just sits idle.
I wouldn't mind a mega reverb,but hardware still seems to reign king in that area.I've got a lower end rackmount I'm thinking about pressing into service just for some comparison and cpu saving.I'll need to set up a template so I can just open projects and go to town.

What really irks me are copnversations like the one at the end of this thread...
https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?p=1619243#post1619243
Does this stuff really matter?
Can you really hear it?
Doesn't your recording chain have to be perfect and your ears great to actually hear the difference?

I know a lot of albums were recorded to ADAT when this whole digital thing came about and they weren't even up to todays prosumer specs,yet nobodys trashing those recordings. :confused:

I may but a set of drum samples,but for the most part any new aquisitions will be limited to instruments and/or hardware.

I'm not biting on the upgrade.I'll wait to see if it's worth it.

LATER!!!

My guess on the upgrade offer is that Cakewalk needs to keep some cash coming in. Most likely there are too many people, knowing that 5.0 is close, who are sitting back and waiting to upgrade, rather than investing in 4.X now.

If the offer were on Sonar Studio, instead of Producer, I would have gone for it. However, the extra $130.00 for surround sound and the Sonitus plugs are not worth it to me. But I would have definitely gone the $99 upgrade price for Studio if it had included the 5.0 upgrade.

As it is, I will now wait to see the feature set in 5.0 (and the upgrade price) and make my decision then.

Other than possibly the implementation of DXi's in Sonar (1.0??), my recording quality isn't any better now than it was in Pro Audio 9. The work flow is much improved, but the quality is about the same (except for my *hopefully* improved skills).

I'm thinking a good pre-amp might be the best investment for us at this point, or a couple of small dia. condensers for recording guitar.

We have a little bit of a war chest (we each throw in $5 or $10 each time we practice), and the only thing I felt comfortable spending money on rececently is a DVD burner to backup our projects

Anyway, how was the Brewer's game?

I have Friday off for a nice 4 day weekend. :D

I disagree
I've been with Cakewalk since PA9 and of the previous versions only S4 has had as many "Last chances".I believe S4 was a dud.
The improvements have been mainly for people doing larger more complicated mixes.The included effects and instruments have been usable,but if bought seperately would hardly be first choice given what's available now.Even the sonitus effects were out at the same time as PA9,hardly groundbreaking.
Given as most peoples plates are full it's becoming a harder sell for the folks at Cakewalk.

I agree about the studio edition,but chances are the direct upgrade from 3 to 5 will include all the essentials without the frills.I'm still hurting from musicians toolbox,which may as well been call musicians litterbox as you had to sift through it to get anything useful.I did get Gigapiano out of that deal,but it's since been eclipsed by many more and better pianos.

The Brewer game

I got four free tickets,a preferred parking pass and a pass for the "300"club.
The 300club is the place where you get concession stand food on china with cloth napkins.Twelve bucks for a cheeseburger,but only eight and a half for the kiddie burger.
We had really good seats,almost directly behind home plate.
We also got to see my name inscribed on the memorial wall honoring the workers who built the place. :cool: :rolleyes:

But as always...

Guy, so which one is you (the things you do for free tickets, eh? :p :D )

Mike, on another topic completely, Fraserhutch is a prat :( I don't know what the American word for prat is :o )

:)

“In some British magazines I have noticed the word prat, which seems in context to mean a fool or stupid person. Is this related to pratfall?”
Well after some research I would venture to guess idiot, imbeccile, or possibly asshole. :D

ChuckU said:
So, what is this thread about, anyway?
Bloody hell, mention the word "prat" and look who turns up :eek: :D (only kidding Chuck ;) ) - pray tell us what goes on in your life currently?

Back