DAW Users With ADD

It's not flooded,just wet.My house sits a few feet up from street level so I got off the hook.The whole county had major flooding problems,too much rain too fast.

Watchagonnado?

Don't build houses with basements. They were popular over a hundred years ago but building codes and costs of waterproofing make it almost impossible now.

I hope you dry out soon. If I lived local, I would be round to help. However, Mike's free most day and he only lives up the road so I'm sure he would be only too willing to help.

Mike?

Mike?

M -I-K-E?

Jeez, you can never find help when you need it can you?:(

:)

Don't build houses with basements.
If it weren't for basements there wouldn't be any Dachays. My basement is for the Dachays what the Cavern Club was for the Beatles.

Except we're still waiting for Brian Epstein to come down. :(

However, Mike's free most day and he only lives up the road so I'm sure he would be only too willing to help.
Sure, be right there. But why don't you go ahead and get started... no sense waiting on me. ;)

Don't build houses with basements. They were popular over a hundred years ago but building codes and costs of waterproofing make it almost impossible now.

Every house has a basement around here,if you built without a basement no one would buy it.The basement is where you go when tornados hit.;)

This week's rain was a once in a hundred years kind of deal,numerous records were not only broke but shattered.Most everything is back to normal today,but there were still a few roads closed and Lake Delton no longer exists due to a breech in the shoeline that drained it.:eek:

LATER!!!

Speaking of weather, it only got to 86 degrees here today. Must have been one of those Canadian cold fronts coming through. :rolleyes:

First day since Sat. it hasn't been in the mid to high 90's. Pretty early in the season for this s&*t. :(

Still yet even more weather!
Just as most rivers have crested another batch of storms are threatening to bring even more flooding.:(

It's been a rough year weatherwise.:(

But tomorrow is Friday.:cool:

LATER!!!!

Every house has a basement around here,if you built without a basement no one would buy it.The basement is where you go when tornados hit.;)

This week's rain was a once in a hundred years kind of deal,numerous records were not only broke but shattered.Most everything is back to normal today,but there were still a few roads closed and Lake Delton no longer exists due to a breech in the shoeline that drained it.:eek:

LATER!!!

Yeah, last year broke all UK flood records too with $billions of damage to property and as a result, many homes cannot get insurance now:(

Thats why we live on a hill!

Ah, yes! Friday. Second practice with our new bass player. It went pretty good last week. And he fit right in... having brought his own 1.5 liter bottle of wine. :)

Wow, even if he was a crap player he's worth having in the band for that alone:)

Big weekend this weekend for me. Today I have my Mom and Dad arriving for a week and a half because tomorrow it is my MBA graduation. I am looking forward to having them attend my graduation because the last time they had anything to do with my education was at school parents evening a long time ago. And the least said about that the better:o

Enjoy your Friday boyz:D

It's Saturday!
And if we're lucky it won't rain.:rolleyes:
We had another round of heavy rains and flooding,but luckily my city was bypassed.Our work schedule has been up ended because the main highway has been shut down and many other roads.Everyone I know has experienced some type of flood related pain.:(

Have I told you guys that it's been a rough year?:rolleyes:

Big weekend this weekend for me. Today I have my Mom and Dad arriving for a week and a half because tomorrow it is my MBA graduation. I am looking forward to having them attend my graduation because the last time they had anything to do with my education was at school parents evening a long time ago. And the least said about that the better:o

Congrats Paul,it's good to know all of your time is not frittered away like some other people who post in this thread.:D

I've got quite some time to go before I'll be attending any graduation ceremonies.:D

LATER!!!!

Flooding
Unbelievably the main highway to Madison and most parts in between will be shut down for weeks!
The boss has been putting off work in the area for two days,but I don't think that's going to last.

It's a good thing I get paid by the hour.:eek:

Fathers day recap
I got some T-shirts and a card,whoo hoo!:rolleyes:

My Hulk review
This is one of the few movies I've ever seen that I thought should've been longer.Lots of action,not much story.Still better than the Ang lee steaming pile that came out a few years ago.
The DVD is supposed to have 50 minutes of cut footage,I'm probably going to buy that when it comes out.

LATER!!!!

Congrats also, Paul.

I guess you CAN teach an old dog new tricks. :p

Thanks boyz, it was a pretty fantastic day, I have to say. I came from a housing estate in the Industrial Midlands near Birmingham and left school with no qualifications and have had to put the hours in to get an education but I never in my wildest dreams ever thought I would get a degree.

When I put my robe on (which, being a Masters degree was pretty fancy;)) and saw myself in the mirror, I was pretty choked (no cheap shots here please:p).

When I went out to meet all my family, because there were so many people milling around, they didn't see me until I joined with them. My Dad took one look at me and I will never forget the look on his face as long as I live - he was speechless and even cried. So that set my Mom off and then my wife and then my two daughters.:)

During the ceremony, the title of Honorary Masters Degree was conferred on a guy who had spent 20 years in prison, got his degree in 1994 and has been a writer ever since. He has written book and works with the prison service to educate prisoners better as well as writing for a national newspaper. His speech was tremendous, not what I had expected on the day at all. I was particularly impressed that my university had chosen make this award to him instead of some other, well heeled dignitary that they usually get.

Anyway, that was topped off by a great meal in another swanky restaurant that I will need to mortgage my house to pay for but it was a super day.

On Saturday, we are throwing a big family party for my dad's 80th birthday and my brother and his family coming over from the US, so it will be a great day. And the best thing is that my Dad doesn't know anything about it at all, we have been working on this for months:eek:

Until then, its business as usual, work and more work. Well, sitting down and planning how to get others to do it;)

Its a very strange job - hours and hours of emailing, lots of telephone calls and a few meetings. Not like a proper job at all:eek:

Oh, well!:)

Last edited:
Flooding
Unbelievably the main highway to Madison and most parts in between will be shut down for weeks!
The boss has been putting off work in the area for two days,but I don't think that's going to last.

It's a good thing I get paid by the hour.:eek:

Fathers day recap
I got some T-shirts and a card,whoo hoo!:rolleyes:

My Hulk review
This is one of the few movies I've ever seen that I thought should've been longer.Lots of action,not much story.Still better than the Ang lee steaming pile that came out a few years ago.
The DVD is supposed to have 50 minutes of cut footage,I'm probably going to buy that when it comes out.

LATER!!!!

Weather - its kind of okay here, could be warmer but as long as it remains dry, I'm happy.

Fathers Day - I got a CD (Coldplay) that I wanted, a book, garden and book tokens and a key fob.:cool:

Films - Haven't been to the cinema in ages and the chances of getting wifey to come with me to see The Hulk film is zero.:(

Back