The Celebrity Obituary Thread

George Martin all over the news here this morning - but I really wish they'd find some better photos - the same few cycled around and around. The BBC also sent an OB to Abbey Rd Studios, but a door is a bit boring, when up the road a bit they could have shot hundreds of people walking across the zebra crossing!

I don't like to judge people for their status and contribution when they've died - but this man had more impact on the worldwide music industry than anyone else I can think of.

George Martin. RIP.

Is everyone asleep?

My all time recording hero :( What he did with what we now think of as minimal gear was awesome. We have him to thank for modern recording techniques and a lot of the equipment that we now take for granted.

Every one should read the book, "All you need is ears" which I am sure will come out with an updated version soon. When he worked at Parlophone (a small EMI side label) he was the Manager, A&R, Secretary, Producer, recording engineer, and coffee maker, LOL, when he signed the Beatles he got a Secretary (who I think he married from memory).

Alan.

P.S, For the Oz crew here, John English passed away this morning.

Emerson's death is now being investigated as a suicide. Unfortunate.

Whoever said we are going to see a lot of our 60s and 70s influences start dropping was spot on.

Wellllll people are still investigating Cobain so....a long time. Lol

It was Greg Lake, with the revolver in the library. Case closed.

R.I.P. Keith Emerson. Terrible end for such a talented guy. Very frustrating a guy like that ended up that way.

Emerson's death is now being investigated as a suicide. Unfortunate.

Whoever said we are going to see a lot of our 60s and 70s influences start dropping was spot on.

yeah, apparently he had a nerve disorder that would have made it eventually impossible for him to play the piano and he was reportedly very torn up about it. Really not good.

Back