The Celebrity Obituary Thread

Bored at work adventure of the week: looked up how many wrestlers from Summerslam 91' are still alive. Out of the 30 wrestlers in matches that day, 9 are dead, or 30%. Ultimate Warrior, Hercules, Big Boss Man, Hawk (Legion of Doom), Texas Tornado, British Bulldog, Earthquake, Andre the Giant, and Mr. Perfect.

Heart-related deaths, for the majority.

Only 39 years ago, but I guess you haven't caught up with that news yet.

Well that wasn't meant to be that sarcastic. I really like Charlie Chaplin movies. . . it does suck that he's dead. New Charlie Chaplin movies would be really cool. It's not my fault that I was born decades too late. Yes. . . I do mourn that sort of stuff. Obvious ones like Frank Zappa or Jimi Hendrix who I could never see live or see them come out with new material when it was new (just imagining hearing Zappa or Hendrix when it was new, and nothing had ever sounded like it before, rather than listening to it with the reference of everyone who was inspired by it later). . . but there's a lot of old school artist. . . say old blues or jazz artists, that would have been amazing to watch/listen to when it was new. There's something about listening to the work of a dead artist, which is the only way you've ever approached their work, vs. experiencing it while the person is still living and breathing and creating new things before your eyes/ears.

People get obsessed with people who died last week, but there's people who died decades ago that suck to lose just as bad.

Well that wasn't meant to be that sarcastic. I really like Charlie Chaplin movies. . . it does suck that he's dead. New Charlie Chaplin movies would be really cool. It's not my fault that I was born decades too late. Yes. . . I do mourn that sort of stuff. Obvious ones like Frank Zappa or Jimi Hendrix who I could never see live or see them come out with new material when it was new (just imagining hearing Zappa or Hendrix when it was new, and nothing had ever sounded like it before, rather than listening to it with the reference of everyone who was inspired by it later). . . but there's a lot of old school artist. . . say old blues or jazz artists, that would have been amazing to watch/listen to when it was new. There's something about listening to the work of a dead artist, which is the only way you've ever approached their work, vs. experiencing it while the person is still living and breathing and creating new things before your eyes/ears.

People get obsessed with people who died last week, but there's people who died decades ago that suck to lose just as bad.

You feel much better now, don't you? :thumbs up::confused::(;)

Stop living in the past and find someone new to latch on to so when they die you can feel satisfied.

I guess it must really suck being young! :p I saw Zappa live a few times, but never caught Jimi.

Back