Banned So Many Times

That's a nice sentiment...but not something that's easy to achieve at this point, considering it took 30-40+ years to get here where we are...starting about the time you left the USA....which was the same time I came to the USA.

While you don't have a hard 2-party system in Canada...I don't see that everyone is working together up there either...or in many other parts of the world.
People have developed strong differing views and ideology...and it works it's way heavily into politics, since politics affect all of us, even the people who don't want to bother with politics.

I think there will need to be a real hard falling out...something close to another civil war...and then another 30-40+ years of mending, before things swing in some "work together" mentality. Maybe another outside influence...like what WWII did...to make people quickly come together to fight a common cause...our survival as a nation and as a democracy...but right now, there's too many people internally trying to rip all that apart, with a need to destroy as a form of forced change...which will not work.

Maybe that IS the only path...deepening differences that will lead to one side eventually taking power...though TBH, I'm afraid of the far-left taking complete power, because they depend too much on intolerance, destruction and forced compliance of only their views....very much like what happened in the major communist countries...and look where they all are now.
China is the only one that can claim some sort of prosperity...but most of the people still live poor, and under a dictatorship.

Defaulting to the expectation of civil war is abject failure.
No... Canada is NOT perfect. No country is, but if you merely look at how each country has dealt with this effing plague you'll get a glimpse of how more "together" us igloo dwellers are. This is the clear and present danger that should bind America, but no...

Americans need to work together.
The days of Americans actually working together in unison were put to an end when Obama declared that he was going to transform America.
He succeeded. He drove a stake through the heart of this country by furthering and increasing the political divide. And that was by choice and design. His choice.. his design.
The damage is done and it's going to take a couple of generations to undo the divide.....if ever.

We will always be divided by our personal bias and preconceived ideas...Trying to change even just one persons mind to "your" way of thinking when they are thinking 180 degrees the opposite of you requires a compelling and convincing argument...on most topics especially politics and religion...there's just way to much wiggle room for that to happen...now that person has a supporter and you don't, twice as hard...that person has 10 people seeing it his way...game over...Reality is what we agree we see....you see it one way, 10 others see it the other way.... even though you are 100% sure you are right and they are delusional...it's you who is the cray cray one...

Never forget I was at a restaurant right after the OJ verdict was announced..Went to use the bathroom and there was this big black dude in there and asked me what I thought....I just shook my head and said man that dude was guilty as hell...he looked at me like I was nuts...you really believe that? Yes I do...he just shook his head like I was some kind of ignorant racist prick.....We all heard the same testimony, saw the same evidence but 180 degrees polarized on the verdict.

We can argue till the cows come home....about OJ, or Trump vs Biden, or The North vs the South, England vs America ...just depends on what side of the fence you feel most comfortable on and then fight till death to defend that position....we are silly little creatures who sure take ourselves seriously....like we are something more than just another few specs of cosmic dust in the endless cosmos...

Just a few gazillion years and this little blue planet will be nothing more than a big ball of ice anyways...enjoy your blink of space and time while you have it...

But, you can't change facts. That's exactly what the liberal does. They don't care. In the history of the world, in the end the liars lose. You can't build a foundation on BS.

I actually watched the OJ trial, I wasn't working. Did OJ do it? YES. The prosecutors were so out matched it was disgusting. My personal favorite part was a woman testified (along with Denise Brown) that OJ was in a dark mood at his daughter's recital. Glaring daggers at them. Then the videotape of him outside being kissed good bye by Denise and the rest of the Browns. He was found not guilty, because he deserved to be. The state did not do their job. Buliosi wrote a great book. All they needed to do was present that one blood droplet on the walkway that was OJs. That was never disputed by the defense. The socks/gate were. But, they didn't touch that droplet because they couldn't. That droplet and OJs finger were enough to put him away for life.

Who knows what the future will bring.

As I and others have said before.........

Left / Right..... it’s just the wings of the same bird of prey. The policies of the government and corporations are determining our futures while we fight each other.

Anyone who’s been alive for a while, with eyes to see, has probably noticed that nothing much changes despite which party is in office.

They all pump up our collective asses blue sky and sunshine.

Yet taxes keep going up, wars keep going on, we lose more of our rights and freedoms, and the country keeps getting into more debt that can never be paid off.

Laws get passed that are supposed to be ‘temporary’ (income tax, patriot act etc)

Once the government grabs some power, (usually from some kind of crisis) it never gives it back.

Agencies get formed to solve a problem, the problems never get solved, so they ask for more money to expand the organization to solve the problem.
And all the while government grows and grows like some hungry monster that feeds on us.

Every ‘war’ we declare is never won.

The ‘war’ on Poverty....... Still got poverty
The ‘war’ on Drugs..........Still have drug problems
The ‘war’ on terrorism.......Still have terrorists
And now???? The ‘war’ on the “invisible enemy.

Yet in all these ‘wars’ the government gives itself new far reaching powers (with our consent)

It’s always for our good, to ‘save’ us.

Well, these rich elitist fucks don’t give one shit about us. They want power, control, and lots more money for themselves and their rich buddies.

Look at the covid stimulus package. The corporate giants got the lion’s share of the money, while the ‘people’ got a one time lousy 1,200 dollar check. In places like LA, SF, or New York, that’ll pay a month’s rent on an apartment.

Yet these pricks expect us to vote for them????

Nope, left /right don’t matter. Same evil bird of prey feeding on US.

Time to stop picking teams and fighting amongst ourselves.

That’s exactly what they want.

Defaulting to the expectation of civil war is abject failure.
No... Canada is NOT perfect. No country is, but if you merely look at how each country has dealt with this effing plague you'll get a glimpse of how more "together" us igloo dwellers are. This is the clear and present danger that should bind America, but no...

Well...it may be a failure from the point of it not being a "good" solution...but it's more potentially realistic as an outcome to the deepening divide, than expecting anything to come from just saying "let's work together"...which amounts to nothing....kinda like Nancy Reagan's answer to doing drugs..."Just Say No".

Mind you I'm not saying we need/should have a civil war...just that with the intensity of the divide, and the fact that the far left IS already resorting to a lot of violence and destruction right now...it could trigger serious violence in return. I don't think it would ever become anything like the North/South, military conflict we had...but when civilian groups start attacking each other in the streets over sociopolitical differing views, that in fact is civil war....and it's already happening.

AFA the virus binding us...it hasn't and it won't...no matter how much "we're all in it together" propaganda is being pushed.
From the first moment the virus started...there were opposing views, both from the medical/science groups, from the politicians, from those looking to profit from it and those who were being economically devastated by the actions dealing with the virus...and that still exists...the pandemic has also been a scamdemic on many levels.
So no...we are not really all in it together with any kind of equal measure. Not here in the USA, and not in the rest of the world.

Well...it may be a failure from the point of it not being a "good" solution...but it's more potentially realistic as an outcome to the deepening divide, than expecting anything to come from just saying "let's work together"...which amounts to nothing....kinda like Nancy Reagan's answer to doing drugs..."Just Say No".

Mind you I'm not saying we need/should have a civil war...just that with the intensity of the divide, and the fact that the far left IS already resorting to a lot of violence and destruction right now...it could trigger serious violence in return. I don't think it would ever become anything like the North/South, military conflict we had...but when civilian groups start attacking each other in the streets over sociopolitical differing views, that in fact is civil war....and it's already happening.

AFA the virus binding us...it hasn't and it won't...no matter how much "we're all in it together" propaganda is being pushed.
From the first moment the virus started...there were opposing views, both from the medical/science groups, from the politicians, from those looking to profit from it and those who were being economically devastated by the actions dealing with the virus...and that still exists...the pandemic has also been a scamdemic on many levels.
So no...we are not really all in it together with any kind of equal measure. Not here in the USA, and not in the rest of the world.

It's all just a moment in time. If a war broke out, it would end very fast.

What these protesters are asking for will never happen. Procedures will change. Because they can look at these cases and make the proper changes. A famous case is the 41 shots. The cops went on trial and were all acquitted. But, the stop and access rule came to be. This rule was utilized in the Michael Brown case. It's on tape, and you can count the seconds before the officer fired again.

The reason I think these protests are continuing with no end is because no one is working. There's no school, no work, no nothing. So, they have plenty of time on their hands. This country opens back up (after the election if the dems have their way) and these protests will shrink to nothing, and they'll have accomplished even less.

It's all just a moment in time. If a war broke out, it would end very fast.

What these protesters are asking for will never happen. Procedures will change. Because they can look at these cases and make the proper changes. A famous case is the 41 shots. The cops went on trial and were all acquitted. But, the stop and access rule came to be. This rule was utilized in the Michael Brown case. It's on tape, and you can count the seconds before the officer fired again.

The reason I think these protests are continuing with no end is because no one is working. There's no school, no work, no nothing. So, they have plenty of time on their hands. This country opens back up (after the election if the dems have their way) and these protests will shrink to nothing, and they'll have accomplished even less.

Protesters are all OK in my book, but the rioters and looters are unforgivable. Idiots, all of them.

Protesters are all OK in my book, but the rioters and looters are unforgivable. Idiots, all of them.

I agree but honestly feel that when those looters broke windows and doors down and stepped inside the stores to do their greedy evil deeds...they crossed the line of deserving to breathe...Woo hoo free stuff because we can! Screw the capitalist pig owners.....they all deserved the old kablam kablam go to hell you dirty pieces of shit... but I'm old and crotchety.... :o

Yeah...some had nothing else to do because of the shutdowns, so they went rioting...but there is also a large portion that most likely wasn't working even before the virus. You know...the ones with the full body/face tats and piercings, living in last weeks clothes, hanging on the street corner with their hands in the pockets, and nothing to do or a desire to go do it...except when they can "protest" (throw rocks, burn cars, break store windows)...then they become very active.
Those are the people who are attempting to shape and drive sociopolitical views into the future for the rest of the country.

I'm sure there are a lot of Dems/Libs sitting at home, leading fairly normal lives, and watching all that on TV and shaking their heads...BUT...they can't speak out loud against the rioters, for fear they will be shunned by the liberal collective.
Those are the ones who will pay the biggest price if the far-left takes over...because they will suddenly realize when it's too late just how much they have been sucked in by the liberal extremists...who want to dictate what you think and say and do...and not have any real "liberal" (free thinking) lifestyle, but a group-think collective, led by a smaller group dictatorship that defines what is right and what is wrong for the majority.

I agree but honestly feel that when those looters broke windows and doors down and stepped inside the stores to do their greedy evil deeds...they crossed the line of deserving to breathe...Woo hoo free stuff because we can! Screw the capitalist pig owners.....they all deserved the old kablam kablam go to hell you dirty pieces of shit... but I'm old and crotchety.... :o

I'm only using NYC as an example, because I hung out in NYC most of my life. I was there when 2000 + people were being murdered each year. What a town.

Here's a tiny piece of the outcome of the fine A-OK protesters -

Aug 17,2020: 51 victims, 6 deaths in surge of NYC weekend shootings
NYC gun violence: 51 victims, 6 deaths in surge of weekend shootings - ABC7 New York

Sept 7 2020: 6-Year-Old among the wounded in West Indian Day Parade shooting
6-year-old boy among 5 shot in New York during J'Ouvert celebration - CBS News

Sept 2, 2020: A Violent August in NYC: Shootings double and murder is up by 50%
A Violent August in N.Y.C.: Shootings Double, and Murder Is Up by 50% - The New York Times

As of Aug 30th there have been 290 murders in NYC as opposed to 217 in 2019. You can thank those protesters for the spike. They managed to get the worst Mayor the city has ever had to defund the police and get the anti-crime unit disbanded. So more people die.

Protesters still use Michael Brown as an example of a poor unarmed civilian who put his hands up and was still shot. Of course that's been proven to be a lie, just like "stay in the car" is a lie.

I have an idea. Why doesn't someone lay out the case for 5 actual factual cases of police brutality of black men who weren't fighting or resisting arrest that ended in their deaths.

Don't bother, because you can't. Freddie Gray saw Baltimore BURN to a crisp. The mayor allowed it and the prosecutor stood on the steps and said "We heard your cry. We're prosecuting these officers". 6 cops went on trial... Oh wait, 2 went on trial. The one they actually had a chance to convict, the driver "a black man" who gave the rough ride was found not guilty in no time flat. The entire ride was caught on video from various locations, and there was not a spot of him even speeding. The charges were dropped against the rest.

Protests are GREAT if you have A) a clue B) actual proof C) Facts D) Truth. These protesters have none of those.

I'll feel sorry for the innocent people. Here's two -

davell-gardner-shooting-17.jpgSecoriea-Turner.jpg

The protesters are uninformed assholes, and the rioters should be shot. But, that's just me. I'm not very nice.

The worst part of all this shit. I HATE THE FUCKING COPS. I've never been given a break. I've been insulted by them. They lied on the stand during the 2 times I went to court, and I have to defend them. Because even I'm not jaded enough to know they're fucking job is almost impossible. But, hey on a bright note, no ones signing up anymore, and the old timers are retiring. We might just have to fend for ourselves soon. Then you'll see some blood shed.

The protesters are uninformed assholes,

Sadly.....the masses are asses always has been that way, always will be....sheeple

Don't get me wrong there are many very valid and good reasons to protest and not all protesters are ignorant assholes or violent....but you're right that generally it takes a leader to organize a protest and though a good portion may be well informed, many sheeple come and support because they follow and generally don't have the capability to think pass the end of their nose...those are the dangerous ones because they can easily be swayed and encouraged to do things they normally wouldn't do. ya know .

Friedrich Nietzsche said:
In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.

and the rioters should be shot. But, that's just me. I'm not very nice.

When you go from peacefully standing with a group and yelling we want ( insert whatever controversial topic you want ) to joining in with same said group and becoming violent, damaging both private and public property you have crossed the line and joined the "dumbass army" who in going from peaceful to violent have declared war on society...war is hell and goes by deadly rules. If one chooses to participate rather than turn around and get the hell out of the stupidity...one with half a brain should expect that nature will take it's course...for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction....

You are so confused. Wow.

And you're being naïve or disingenuous...considering that Clinton had a Russia connection and was looking for a dossier to be compiled to use against Trump.

Now the Chinese are doing everything they can to undermine Trump and help Biden, because they know Biden will be much easier to manipulate and to fool...heck, Biden's already signaled at wanting to get comfy with the Chinese rather than hold them on account for trade, and other issues.
The Chinese have raped the USA for our technology...made so much easier, courtesy of people like Clinton 1 and 2...and Obama...and Biden...who had no problem selling the USA out.

Well...now there's going to be the big brouhaha over selecting a new Supreme Court Justice, since Ginsberg died today.
The Dems of course want to wait until after January, assuming that they will get to pick one if Biden wins...but you know, Ginsberg was basically not doing much as a SC Justice for the last year or more, because of her failing health, and she refused to step down knowing her days were numbered...anything to prevent Trump for making the new pick...so if she and the Dems did that intentionally, then I have no problem with Trump picking one before the election, or before January, even if he should lose to Biden.
You know the Dems would do the exact same thing if they could.

You are so confused. Wow.

I pulled these from liberal places. Because if I got it from Fox you'd say it's BS. But, these are your friends. Even they KNOW the Russian Dossier came from the Dems NOT the Republicans. But, it's the DEMS who cried foul about the Russians. The people who they got the info from (through Steele another foreigner, albeit British)

NBCNEWS: Steele, a former MI6 operative who opened a private firm, compiled the Trump dossier during the 2016 presidential campaign under contract to the U.S. research firm Fusion GPS.

Fusion had been hired to get information on Trump during the primaries by a Republican media firm, Washington Free Beacon. When Trump became the Republican nominee, the Clinton campaign and the Democratic Party began picking up the tab for the Fusion research. Fusion owner Glenn Simpson hired Steele, a Russia expert, to gather information from his sources in Russia.

FBI releases documents showing payments to Trump dossier author Steele

The Hillary Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee helped fund research that resulted in a now-famous dossier containing allegations about President Trump's connections to Russia and possible coordination between his campaign and the Kremlin, people familiar with the matter said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...6fabf0-b8e4-11e7-a908-a3470754bbb9_story.html

I'm only confused how you can be so... well... you know, confused.

Hillary Clinton got information from a British ex spy about shit Trump did in Russia. You guys think that means Hillary was conspiring with the Russian Government? (that's quite a leap in logic). If that's the case, I don't know what limits there are in terms of what Republicans can make you believe.

Hillary Clinton got information from a British ex spy about shit Trump did in Russia. You guys think that means Hillary was conspiring with the Russian Government? (that's quite a leap in logic). If that's the case, I don't know what limits there are in terms of what Republicans can make you believe.
Let's play, shall we? Hillary paid Steele to write the fictitious dossier. That's a fact. Perhaps you have forgotten about, or simply dismiss, Hillary's involvement in......too many nefarious situations that she has directly linked to for decades. For example, she orchestrated the destroying the reputation of every woman who come forth with allegations of sexual abuse and rape at the hands of Bill Clinton.
How would you feel if your daughter was violated by a prominent politician....and then suffer the consequences of coming forward to report it?
Hillary's uranium yard sale? That's just another fact that you will deny.
I could go on and on, but I digress.
You state "what limits there are in terms of what Republicans can make you believe."
The obvious answer is that there are no limits.
The additional obvious answer is that there is no limit to your incessant hatred of Republicans.
Everyone who had been here at HR during the years that "The Cave" existed is fully aware of your intense hatred of Republicans and Independents.
Snowman gave you the opportunity to read a few links from some of your own trusted sources of information. I doubt that you clicked and took time to read. And that is your Waterloo.
You have made a valiant attempt, for the past month or so, to sow Cavelike political discord within Prime Time.
You are failing.

Hillary's uranium yard sale? That's just another fact that you will deny.

I definitely deny it, because it has little basis in reality.

PolitiFact | Complex tale involving Hillary Clinton, uranium and Russia resurfaces

But the deal had to be approved by multiple U.S. agencies first, including the Committee on Foreign Investments in the United States, or CFIUS — on which the U.S. Secretary of State sits.

The committee approved the proposal, and in 2013, Russia assumed 100 percent ownership of the company and renamed it Uranium One Holding.

The deal, however, was not Clinton’s to approve alone. The CFIUS panel also includes the attorney general and the secretaries of the Treasury, Defense, Commerce, Energy and Homeland Security, as well as the heads of the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative and the Office of Science and Technology Policy.

The claim makes it seem like Clinton had the power of vetoing or approving the deal, which she did not.

I can break this down for you in simple terms: A private Canadian company desired to sell itself. That sale required permission from several US agencies because that Canadian company mined Uranium in the USA. Hillary Clinton did not have control over the deal, and she definitely didn't have control over the assets that were owned by private industry.

You state "what limits there are in terms of what Republicans can make you believe."
The obvious answer is that there are no limits.

Indeed.

Back