Cali must be overrun with fools - no one but a fool would vote for Newsom

Probably because when I come here it's to talk with musicians. You ain't one of those so you don't know me. I generally only speak with other humans, not hate bots
The pertinent question is why you *aren't* bothered by Demleftist clowns like Newsom or Joedaughtershowers the puppet. Apparently you're all for rampant crime, baseless "public health" mandates that those who impose them don't follow, borders being overrun by illegal aliens and the associated ills they bring, a state hemorrhaging population and businesses.

a state hemorrhaging population and businesses.
I’m not a fan of Newsom. I didn’t live in CA during covid (but CA is among the half dozen states I’ve lived in), and he clearly caused a lot of damage from the lock downs. He handled the debate like an idiot. The outflow from CA is at least partially a direct result of covid job loss as a result of Newsom, but it’s also because working from home allowed people to move to where living was cheaper. CA is expensive as hell, but the taxes are not the main problem compared to just the cost of real estate. If you can sell a very modest home in CA and buy a mansion in FL for the same price, lots of people say yes if they work from home. He could have reminded people that CA is expensive because it’s a kick ass place to live, and lots of people want to be there. Supply and demand. That’s not what he said though.

Last edited:
The pertinent question is why you *aren't* bothered by Demleftist clowns like Newsom or Joedaughtershowers the puppet. Apparently you're all for rampant crime, baseless "public health" mandates that those who impose them don't follow, borders being overrun by illegal aliens and the associated ills they bring, a state hemorrhaging population and businesses.
Do you get paid to act mad and shit post? You are obviously not a musician.

Last edited:
I generally don't get into these political pissing matches, but I found this story interesting.

She's the racist activist leftist who was much more enthusiastic about prosecuting white people lawfully defending their home than prosecuting actual crime.

I’m not a fan of Newsom. I didn’t live in CA during covid (but CA is among the half dozen states I’ve lived in), and he clearly caused a lot of damage from the lock downs. He handled the debate like an idiot. The outflow from CA is at least partially a direct result of covid job loss as a result of Newsom, but it’s also because working from home allowed people to move to where living was cheaper. CA is expensive as hell, but the taxes are not the main problem compared to just the cost of real estate. If you can sell a very modest home here and buy a mansion for the same price, lots of people do it. He could have reminded people that CA is expensive because it’s a kick ass place to live, and lots of people want to be there. Supply and demand. That’s not what he said though.
And on the other side of the coin you’ve got Desantis; in FL you don’t have state income tax because of tourism, but he’s doing his evil best to hurt Disney for his culture war. If you’re going to compare moral high ground with Newsom, I’ll take stupid over evil.

Edit to add -
FL is moving closer to having CA’s problems. Too many people moving there are going to really start causing problems that take money to fix. Tourism dollars aren’t going to rise because the population increased, so eventually taxation will rise, and quality of life will suffer. FL was an under-tapped gem. Not anymore.

Last edited:
I know you guys already watch WAY too much FOX News... but sometimes I wished you'd just continue watching it and stop coming online to spout stupid shit to your echo chamber.

She's the racist activist leftist who was much more enthusiastic about prosecuting white people lawfully defending their home than prosecuting actual crime.
:)

And on the other side of the coin you’ve got Desantis; in FL you don’t have state income tax because of tourism, but he’s doing his evil best to hurt Disney for his culture war. If you’re going to compare moral high ground with Newsom, I’ll take stupid over evil.
Disney stepped out of their lane and tried to meddle in legislation that had nothing to do with their role as an entertainment company. DeSantis was completely correct in saying they're not giving them a tax break so they can spend it interfering in something they have no business interfering in.

DeSantis Tax Disne smallery.jpg

Edit to add -
FL is moving closer to having CA’s problems. Too many people moving there are going to really start causing problems that take money to fix. Tourism dollars aren’t going to rise because the population increased, so eventually taxation will rise, and quality of life will suffer. FL was an under-tapped gem. Not anymore.
Speculation -vs- the reality of what California is. Florida isn't Utopia - there's crime, a degree of congestion but not on the scale of Cali. I don't see Florida having the illegal alien problem that Newsom and other Dem Cali legislators have gleefully inflicted on the state any time in the near future. I thought DeSantis sending those "asylum seekers" on a Martha's Vineyard vacation was outstanding and hilarious. Fuck Newsom trying to gin up lawfare trying to make something of it.

I'm really torn about DeSantis running for POTUS. Superior to Trump based on what I've seen, obviously vastly superior to Joedaughtershowers.

I was stationed in California - absolutely beautiful state as far as climate and geography. No way I'd live there now.

Disney stepped out of their lane and tried to meddle in legislation that had nothing to do with their role as an entertainment company. DeSantis was completely correct in saying they're not giving them a tax break so they can spend it interfering in something they have no business interfering in.
So are you saying that corporations shouldn't get involved in and influence policy matters?? Are you kidding? I don't think you are. :laughings: Oh my fuckin god. :facepalm:

There are about 1800 special districts in FL like Reedy Creek (Disney’s). Desantis wrote the legislation to specifically single out RC. The Villages (very large 55+ community that mostly votes Republican) has a special district too. You think he’d go after that one? No. This was weaponizing the government to punish a company for exercising a first amendment right.

A company should have no first amendment right.

It’s a fucking corporation not a human.
That’s an issue for the Supreme Court via the Citizens United ruling, unless congress wants to take it up. Republicans have been the ones to stop that. They’re the ones who wanted corporations to be able to influence government.

That’s also beside the main point that Desantis weaponized the government and hurt his constituents for his own gain.

There are about 1800 special districts in FL like Reedy Creek (Disney’s). Desantis wrote the legislation to specifically single out RC. The Villages (very large 55+ community that mostly votes Republican) has a special district too. You think he’d go after that one? No. This was weaponizing the government to punish a company for exercising a first amendment right.
Like Reedy Creek?

How many of them are mammoth entertainment corporations sticking their noses into legislative issues that have nothing to do with what their business is for the purpose of virtue-signaling?

If they'd stuck to putting on a show, selling food and drink I don't think they'd have run into the problems they have.

Like Reedy Creek?

How many of them are mammoth entertainment corporations sticking their noses into legislative issues that have nothing to do with what their business is for the purpose of virtue-signaling?

If they'd stuck to putting on a show, selling food and drink I don't think they'd have run into the problems they have.
It’s either their first amendment right or it’s not. The argument that they didn’t “stay in their lane” is completely irrelevant. This is exactly why I’m saying Desantis is dangerous as hell. Would you want a democrat pulling shit like this against the 2nd amendment? This is textbook fascism. Disney didn’t do anything illegal. It’s in court now anyway. Do you honestly think Desantis will prevail?

One could also argue it is in their lane since it affects their relationship with their audience and employees. Again, not that it’s relevant.

Last edited:
brassplyer said:
Like Reedy Creek?

It’s either their first amendment right or it’s not. The argument that they didn’t “stay in their lane” is completely irrelevant. This is exactly why I’m saying Desantis is dangerous as hell. Would you want a democrat pulling shit like this against the 2nd amendment? This is textbook fascism. Disney didn’t do anything illegal. It’s in court now anyway. Do you honestly think Desantis will prevail?
The 2A analogy sounds off the mark - I don't see that they're suppressing their speech - where is it stated in the Constitution that a state is required to subsidize a corporation sticking its nose in legislature unrelated to its actual line of business?

I'm not versed in the legalities to know if it will prevail but it seems the issue isn't cut and dried. I absolutely understand DeSantis' displeasure over Disney's meddling.

One could also argue it is in their lane since it affects their relationship with their audience and employees. Again, not that it’s relevant.
One can argue anything - that doesn't make it a valid argument.

I don't see how it positively impacts their relationship with their employees and audience. They seemed to do okay before getting involved in woke virtue-signaling. And I think their position is wrong to begin with - there's material that isn't appropriate for public schools. You think it's vitally important for your young child to be exposed to certain topics then buy them the books. You might want to prioritize whether they can improve on how they're doing in English, math, etc.

The impact that's clear for all to see is their stock is half of what it was at its peak in 2021, per online sources I see park attendance is down even with covid restrictions lifted.

If their wokeified and massively expensive live-action Snow White tanks like their rehash of West Side Story did - also starring Rachel Zegler - I imagine heads will roll.

I thought it was interesting that 60 years after the original they *still* didn't cast Puerto Ricans in the Puerto Rican roles in WSS. Zegler is no more Puerto Rican than Natalie Wood but at least did her own singing. I'll laugh if the Bentkey Snow White movie outperforms the Disney film and I hope it does.

Disney stockholders - the main audience they need to please - can't be happy with the result of their antics. How many strongly feel "Oh yeah, we're happy to sacrifice profits in the name of a stupid, wrong-minded leftist agenda"?

From a business standpoint making noise about all this DEI crap particularly in a deep red state with a conservative governor who isn't on board with it - and rightfully so - is just a stupid move by Disney. They're an entertainment company not a social engineering company.

Last edited:
The 2A analogy sounds off the mark - I don't see that they're suppressing their speech - where is it stated in the Constitution that a state is required to subsidize a corporation sticking its nose in legislature unrelated to its actual line of business?

I'm not versed in the legalities to know if it will prevail but it seems the issue isn't cut and dried. I absolutely understand DeSantis' displeasure over Disney's meddling.

One can argue anything - that doesn't make it a valid argument.

I don't see how it positively impacts their relationship with their employees and audience. They seemed to do okay before getting involved in woke virtue-signaling. And I think their position is wrong to begin with - there's material that isn't appropriate for public schools. You think it's vitally important for your young child to be exposed to certain topics then buy them the books. You might want to prioritize whether they can improve on how they're doing in English, math, etc.

The impact that's clear for all to see is their stock is half of what it was at its peak in 2021, per online sources I see park attendance is down even with covid restrictions lifted.

If their wokeified and massively expensive live-action Snow White tanks like their rehash of West Side Story did - also starring Rachel Zegler - I imagine heads will roll.

I thought it was interesting that 60 years after the original they *still* didn't cast Puerto Ricans in the Puerto Rican roles in WSS. Zegler is no more Puerto Rican than Natalie Wood but at least did her own singing. I'll laugh if the Bentkey Snow White movie outperforms the Disney film and I hope it does.

Disney stockholders - the main audience they need to please - can't be happy with the result of their antics. How many strongly feel "Oh yeah, we're happy to sacrifice profits in the name of a stupid, wrong-minded leftist agenda"?

From a business standpoint making noise about all this DEI crap particularly in a deep red state with a conservative governor who isn't on board with it - and rightfully so - is just a stupid move by Disney. They're an entertainment company not a social engineering company.
None of this matters. Any company is free to make whatever decisions they want to make and either profit or take losses based on those decisions. As long as they operate within the law, you just get to decide whether or not to use their services.

The only issue is that Desantis singled them out and used legislation to punish a company for operating within their right to free speech. He weaponized the government against a private corporation. If that doesn’t bother you, I don’t know what to say.

Edit to add - thanks for staying civil even though we disagree. I hope we can have normal conversations moving forward rather than fights.

Last edited:
None of this matters. Any company is free to make whatever decisions they want to make and either profit or take losses based on those decisions. As long as they operate within the law, you just get to decide whether or not to use their services.

The only issue is that Desantis singled them out and used legislation to punish a company for operating within their right to free speech. He weaponized the government against a private corporation. If that doesn’t bother you, I don’t know what to say.
This is all there is to that. There's really nothing more to say about it that's pertinent. It really is that simple..

Back