What do you think of this AI stuff?

I've been thinking about this too. I think it's weird and not right, but I have a morbid curiosity to listen to it. Yesterday I found myself listening to "Vincent", sung by Paul McCartney. I slapped myself and turned it off. It's so weird that it's sort of fascinating. Who would have ever thought?

Like it or not, AI is going to creep into all our lives, just like radio, TV, the computer, the internet, holograms and all the other techologies that have come along. Unlike some of the other technologies (like cloning, etc) it's not really a "life or death" matter. It's art/music and I guess if people find it enjoyable there's no harm. As long as it isn't used for nefarious purposes, it's going to be with us.

As for the quality of the two songs, I haven't listened to them on another other than crappy laptop speakers, so I can't comment on that. But in reality, it's just a step past putting your song in Isotope and having it spit out a mastered version with the "proper" frequency balance, volume settings etc.

I'm a bit fearful of technology that I don't understand. I've long understood that the homo sapien animal has reached the point where our ability to create and advance technology is outpacing our ability to use it wisely and in our collective best interests.

I have a distinct feeling that this may not end well.

The Genie is coming out of the bottle....

cEgaaU.png

I think once AI and robotics is perfected and melded together the rich won't need us anymore. Robots can do all the work
and repair themselves. We won't be needed. The viruses and vaccines are all ready to go, guess which one you will get.

Back