So apparently - folks at Fox News were not being honest with their viewers

What does that mean?

I'm a little tired. I'm just asking for a little help understanding without doing a big ol' search & read when I could just get the skinny from you guys.
I can't believe I'm doing this but OK...
He had Mike Lindell, Sydney Powell, Rudy G and others on live TV and letting them spew their lies AFTER he was telling everyone in private that they were all liars and bullshitters. He even said in private that he HATED Trump, and then did a fawning softball interview with him.
He's a shallow person.

Why are you being coy when it’s in plain sight?
Most people have a tendency to forget what they have written.

I don't have that problem. I remember everything.

For example, rather than deep dive, I remember Porterhouse stating it (6 months or a year ago) that he would never quit fighting conservatives.

Normal minded people would never adopt that mindset.

He had Mike Lindell, Sydney Powell, Rudy G and others on live TV and letting them spew their lies AFTER he was telling everyone in private that they were all liars and bullshitters. He even said in private that he HATED Trump, and then did a fawning softball interview with him.
He's a shallow person.
Dave, you haven't posted word one about CNN firing Don Lemon.

Yeah you shouldn’t entertain this. Respectfully, I have no idea what he’s on about. He needs to make his point or figure something else to argue.
I guess if your only news sources are conservative or Fox, you might never have been exposed to the facts in this case?
I don't know.

He's a shallow person.

I could have sworn Sydney Powell got all pissy when Carlson pressed her for evidence that voting machines were rigged, maybe said she was never coming back on his show? From what I have seen of his show he probably told his audience she'd be welcome anytime back on the show to present any evidence she has yet to reveal. He's kind of like that, for the most part cordial and open to having folks on the show. He's even invited Chuck Schumer on, many times. Evidently Schumer has declined the invitation. Oh, and didn't Carlson say in an email to someone that he thought Powell was a nutcase? Trump was a dick who only brought destruction?

You know what some of this reminds me of? One of you guys...Dave, Leddy, Folkguy?....one of you were saying how NPR provided reasonably unbiased news coverage. They stay pretty neutral, the only time you really hear anyone bashing Republicans, or specifically Trump, it is from the guests on their shows. Yep, NPR hosts just sit there while their guests spew lies about pee tapes, Russia collusion, discredited fake Hunter Biden laptop, mostly peaceful protests, etc etc etc etc.

I could have sworn Sydney Powell got all pissy when Carlson pressed her for evidence that voting machines were rigged, maybe said she was never coming back on his show? From what I have seen of his show he probably told his audience she'd be welcome anytime back on the show to present any evidence she has yet to reveal. He's kind of like that, for the most part cordial and open to having folks on the show. He's even invited Chuck Schumer on, many times. Evidently Schumer has declined the invitation. Oh, and didn't Carlson say in an email to someone that he thought Powell was a nutcase? Trump was a dick who only brought destruction?

You know what some of this reminds me of? One of you guys...Dave, Leddy, Folkguy?....one of you were saying how NPR provided reasonably unbiased news coverage. They stay pretty neutral, the only time you really hear anyone bashing Republicans, or specifically Trump, it is from the guests on their shows. Yep, NPR hosts just sit there while their guests spew lies about pee tapes, Russia collusion, discredited fake Hunter Biden laptop, mostly peaceful protests, etc etc etc etc.
Nope. Not gonna go with your deflection.
Facts are that Dominion had all the proof they needed to win, and they did.

Yeah you shouldn’t entertain this.
Entertain what? Differences of opinion? If you're closed minded....that's on you and atypical of the majority of people on both sides of the aisle.
Do you understand what I'm saying?

I’m not sure how you think these things are related. The difference between pee tapes, or laptops, or collusion etc
vs the Fox settlement is a giant thing. The Fox settlement involves the smokingest smoking guns that ever smoked. Pages and pages of direct, steaming hot proof. The pee tapes and such do not have such irrefutable proof. Yet you treat them the same.
Why are you being so defensive, dismissive? I don't listen to very much NPR other than the music!
I don’t recall mentioning NPR. Again, not sure what you’re on about. If you have something to say, say it.

Entertain what? Differences of opinion? If you're closed minded....that's on you and atypical of the majority of people on both sides of the aisle.
Do you understand what I'm saying?
I don’t really like discussing with you. You get triggered very easily and tell me to kiss your ass etc. Now you imply I’m closed minded. My comment to Dave was very clear in the context of all the posts. If you have something you want to say, say it.

Nope. Not gonna go with your deflection.
Facts are that Dominion had all the proof they needed to win, and they did.

Deflection? Who's deflecting? You said Tucker Carlson is a liar, for money. I asked a simple question, what was the lie? You know what you said, remember?

He had Mike Lindell, Sydney Powell, Rudy G and others on live TV and letting them spew their lies AFTER he was telling everyone in private that they were all liars and bullshitters.

That didn't answer my question, did it. Almost seemed like a deflection.

Deflection? Who's deflecting? You said Tucker Carlson is a liar, for money. I asked a simple question, what was the lie? You know what you said, remember?

That didn't answer my question, did it. Almost seemed like a deflection.
If you truly don’t know the answer to your simple question, you are clearly either ill-informed or being obtuse. In either case, it doesn’t deserve a response. And yet, he gave you one. So what are you on about?

I’m not sure how you think these things are related. The difference between pee tapes, or laptops, or collusion etc
vs the Fox settlement is a giant thing. The Fox settlement involves the smokingest smoking guns that ever smoked. Pages and pages of direct, steaming hot proof. The pee tapes and such do not have such irrefutable proof. Yet you treat them the same.

I don’t recall mentioning NPR. Again, not sure what you’re on about. If you have something to say, say it.

Man, I gotta go to bed, I'm tired.

I'll leave it with....hosts, rather they be Carlson or NPR, they have guests on their shows. Those guests may say a lot of things, some of those things the host may agree, some they may not. The host may in some manner challenge the guest, as the records shows Carlson did with Powell. It is also on record Carlson telling his audience Powell did not provide evidence. Also on record, now, Carlson saying in private emails he thinks Powell is a nut. I ssk again, where is the lie?

The pee tapes? Yeah, I don't think you're getting it. There was no proof of a pee tape because it was made up propaganda to harm Trump. Yet NPR allowed guests to talk about it? I don't think the moral outrage is very consistent.

Nope. Not a deflection, and it answers your question.
If you want to ignore a 787.5 million dollar suit I don't care.
It was all based on what I'm saying/have said.
You might as well go argue with Dominion lawyers. Good luck.

I'm just asking a simple question, clarity. You said Carlson is a liar, for money. What was the lie? Sheesh, how hard should that be?

Man, I gotta go to bed, I'm tired.

I'll leave it with....hosts, rather they be Carlson or NPR, they have guests on their shows. Those guests may say a lot of things, some of those things the host may agree, some they may not. The host may in some manner challenge the guest, as the records shows Carlson did with Powell. It is also on record Carlson telling his audience Powell did not provide evidence. Also on record, now, Carlson saying in private emails he thinks Powell is a nut. I ssk again, where is the lie?
That's not how TV entertainment shows work. Surely you know it takes a team of producers etc. to acquire guests and filter out what they want to discuss so that there are no surprises live.
What is said on those entertainment segments is done on purpose. You cannot let the host of the hook. It's ridiculous.

Back