So apparently - folks at Fox News were not being honest with their viewers

Good grief.:facepalm:
By all means, cover your eyes!

Tucker Carlson is NOT a reporter of factual news. Tucker is an just one of many people employed by cable news networks to voice their OPINIONS at Fox, CNN, MSNBC and elsewhere.

Rupert has already admitted (under oath) that F0X fucked up.

What I'd also
like to see in the future is to witness mainstream media outlets admit it that they fucked up by supporting the lies coming out of the mouth of Dr. Fauci relevant to the origin and his complicity in the spread of Covid 19 throughout the world.

A good start to that process would be for CNN to admit to twisting and suppressing certain truths day in and day out.

It stands to reason that a majority of Americans no longer trusts or has faith in their elected representatives on either side of the aisle. The two party system is falling apart, but in the meantime the U.S.populace will remain split down the middle wherein there is zero agreeance on every issue at hand.

I normally limit myself to one or two sentences to make a point.

That post insinuates some form of conspiracy theory in my mind.
Apart from that it says nothing.
I didn't insinuate or suggest anything along the line of conspiracy theory. Your interpretation of what I wrote is your mind going into overload.

I wrote:
"The whole truth will never be learned and reported on by so called trustworthy news agencies because there are zero trustworthy news agencies in existence in this day and age."

Emphasis on the word zero.

If your opinions concerning American politics is solely based upon what you read wriiten by Reuters opinion writers are, that constitutes a failure on your part to limit yourself to a single source of information.

Emphasis once again on the word zero.

I didn't insinuate or suggest anything along the line of conspiracy theory. Your interpretation of what I wrote is your mind going into overload.

I wrote:
"The whole truth will never be learned and reported on by so called trustworthy news agencies because there are zero trustworthy news agencies in existence in this day and age."

Emphasis on the word zero.

If your opinions concerning American politics is solely based upon what you read wriiten by Reuters opinion writers are, that constitutes a failure on your part to limit yourself to a single source of information.

Emphasis once again on the word zero.
Strange...
I offer one example and you extrapolate that to mean my only source.
Your assertation that there are zero trusted sources is incorrect.
Why do you trust nothing?
What do you trust?
What information do you trust? There must be something, and by your definition it must be untrustworthy.

The whole truth will never be learned and reported on by so called trustworthy news agencies because there are zero trustworthy news agencies in existence in this day and age. Truth in reporting may have existed in the 1950s. Reporting the the truth to the American people ended when JFK was assinated.

Are you missing something?

Yes, you are. We all are
I think you may be missing the fact the Oswald acted alone and shot Kennedy awl by his witty bitty self.

Okay, so what I think we've established here as far as the infotainment "news" shows on the teevee, the rightwing network (Fox) knows they be reporting lies. They be spreading the disinformations and causing the divisions in our precious democracy. Thats bad. The leftwing networks(CNN & MSNBC), to put it succinctly, they actually believe the lies they report. No harm, no foul. As the famed filosifier George Costanza put it so well, "It's not a lie if you actually believe it."

I don't know about all that, I ain't much on the filosifee, but it seems to me it's the difference between the dastardly schemers on the rightwing who seek to tear our country and precious democracy apart, and the batshit crazy on the left who we can rest assured the future of this country is in good hands.

Perhaps the Fox news would have been better advised to maybe(?) say something along the lines of this here and call it a day.

"Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy.”

Reactions: RFR
Okay, so what I think we've established here as far as the infotainment "news" shows on the teevee, the rightwing network (Fox) knows they be reporting lies. They be spreading the disinformations and causing the divisions in our precious democracy. Thats bad. The leftwing networks(CNN & MSNBC), to put it succinctly, they actually believe the lies they report. No harm, no foul. As the famed filosifier George Costanza put it so well, "It's not a lie if you actually believe it."

I don't know about all that, I ain't much on the filosifee, but it seems to me it's the difference between the dastardly schemers on the rightwing who seek to tear our country and precious democracy apart, and the batshit crazy on the left who we can rest assured the future of this country is in good hands.

Perhaps the Fox news would have been better advised to maybe(?) say something along the lines of this here and call it a day.

"Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy.”

Why is the right automatically considered bad?

Why is the left automatically considered good?

I have an idea maybe it’s true.

The left has more mainstream media outlets. The right has Fox, as far as mainstream outlets. There are of course plenty of independent journalists out there but they’re instantly dismissed as fringe or conspiracy sites. (Even if what they’re reporting is true)

Where this leaves us, is the right is in the minority as far as the mainstream media goes. Fox is outnumbered.

Our democracy in action. So of course the right is automatically bad. The majority in the media said so.

There’s lot’s of talk in the media and politicians saying “our democracy is in danger“

This is 100% true.......... But........

They’re Not referring to ‘our’ democracy as in “we the people”. They’re talking about ‘THEIR’ democracy being in danger. And they’re talking about their own grip on the narrative. That’s what they are scared of losing.

They don’t give a shit about “we the people” and our democracy.

I’m with Andrew.

Last edited:
Just short of the will to live......is the will of human beings to never be wrong.

What starts out as an "opinion" in most discussions...becomes "fact"....for some reason....when the "opinion" is challenged?

So...when it was an "opinion" it was up for debate? No....not really right?
Because if it was...debate might enlighten....not strike fear or anger or panic or all three.

By the way.....what's the penalty for being wrong anyway?

Desperate twisting of words and "whataboutism" takes up so much time you'll never get back in your life.

So...there's no truth out there?

If you know you're lying........of course there can be no truth out there.
Can't let that happen.

Interesting conversation between John Anderson (former Australian prime minister) and Matt Taibbi (former Rolling Stone journalist)
Talking about Media and politics.

Good convo and observations except he left out that the changes being made are good for everyone, not just blue people.

Good convo and observations except he left out that the changes being made are good for everyone, not just blue people.
Well, it was their conversation not yours.
Should have invited you, eh? ;)

Anyway I’m not endorsing nor disputing anything. I just found it interesting and shared it.

Strange...
I offer one example and you extrapolate that to mean my only source.
Your assertation that there are zero trusted sources is incorrect.
Why do you trust nothing?
What do you trust?
What information do you trust? There must be something, and by your definition it must be untrustworthy.
In the U.S. it says on our currency in god we trust.

Back