• Don't Know

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • "Frankly Scarlett, I don't give a damn."

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I am not a believer.

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
Stop talking about the bible
Not as long as it's relevant to the thread.
its crap man common forget it and read something relevant
It's good practice for all the irrelevant crap I have to wade through.🤫
Like err.... I have this book by Don Felder about his experiences in the Eagles, something like that
Yes, Don Felder and the Eagles is so totally relevant to the people of planet Earth.
I can't wait to start it ! 😛
I am frankly a little shocked that this has gone 20 pages.
It's an interesting talking point at times.

Reactions: TAE
What's next in terms of discussion? If there is a Heaven, the most reasonable conclusion should be that all children of God shall enter Heaven.

I don't believe that, but millions of people do believe that Heaven and Hell exist.

The one thing I do know is that no matter how much my mother lived for years in fear of death she raised both of her frail arms and said "It's beautiful" a few seconds before her last breath.

It gives me pause to think about.......everything.

• Love
Unfortunately, whenever Smithers posts in any thread that he posts in, it immediately becomes apparent that every thread he enters into is directly related to how many hours he sits and drinks at the keyboard.
The longer he sits there, and drinks, the more predictable it becomes apparent that he's on the verge of becoming angry at everything and everyone other than himself.
It wasn't all that long ago that Smithers was thanking EZ for the advice that EZ gave him.
Great advice ignored!?
Probably.
Sooner or later, benefit of doubt goes out the window.
As David Lee Roth once said... you know? You just hit the the nail on the the head

As David Lee Roth once said... you know? You just hit the the nail on the the head
I actually accept it as a compliment that anybody here would care about what I say enough to reply to give a monkeys about anything I say or do. It has been a great learning experience. I first came here months ago sensitive and worried and thin skinned. Now my skin is thicker than a Walrus. So overall a positive experience and I have learned a lot. Everyone has their views, even you Mr 60's
Thanks

Not as long as it's relevant to the thread.

It's good practice for all the irrelevant crap I have to wade through.🤫

Yes, Don Felder and the Eagles is so totally relevant to the people of planet Earth.
I can't wait to start it ! 😛

It's an interesting talking point at times.
Do you honestly believe Grim that the bible is right about the subjegation of black people in slavery. Cummon man, I was brought up as a huminitarian and changed my views in later life to believe empire had benefits. We debated and you made me think again about how empire was wrong, you made me think again xxxx

What's next in terms of discussion? If there is a Heaven, the most reasonable conclusion should be that all children of God shall enter Heaven.

I don't believe that, but millions of people do believe that Heaven and Hell exist.

The one thing I do know is that no matter how much my mother lived for years in fear of death she raised both of her frail arms and said "It's beautiful" a few seconds before her last breath.

All you do is attack everything I say, you do not read or listen to any point I make. You have no reply, other than to just slag me off as an angry drunk. If you do not agree then put an alternative view. I do not slag you off or pick faults in your comments. I could if I wished, if all you have is slagging, 60's then its not a debate really is it?

I had a similar experience watching a grandparent die. She started talking to dead relatives even though she was otherwise unresponsive to those of us in the room. I personally believe I saw my mother about a month after she passed. I’ve spoken to a couple of folks who flatlined and came back and heard their testimony as well. Nothing could possibly convince me that the lights just go off after this life. We are part of something larger, and we go on.

Is it “God” or “Heaven”? I choose to call it that, but I’m open to it being something other than our understanding of any particular religion.

I had a similar experience watching a grandparent die. She started talking to dead relatives even though she was otherwise unresponsive to those of us in the room. I personally believe I saw my mother about a month after she passed. I’ve spoken to a couple of folks who flatlined and came back and heard their testimony as well. Nothing could possibly convince me that the lights just go off after this life. We are part of something larger, and we go on.

Is it “God” or “Heaven”? I choose to call it that, but I’m open to it being something other than our understanding of any particular religion.
I dont wish to start a debate here leddy. I understand. Basically I do not really believe in all of the man made religions.. but I really do believe in one higher power if that is a god. I am not an Athiest but I believe in one higher power for all humanity and not seperate gods that we have created.
My Uncle was a great guy, he fell dead on the golf course from a heart attack on a beuatiful sunny day with all his friends around him. No dieing dribbling in an old folks home. He had a good life... thats the way I want to go xxx

Do you honestly believe Grim that the bible is right about the subjegation of black people in slavery
None of the biblical writers advocate the enslavement of Black people. I don't know where you get your notions from sometimes.
Now, slavery is spoken about across the various documents that make up the Bible, but not in any one specific way. Each of the statements have to be taken in their context, the context the particular writer gives it, rather than squeezed into the 20th/21st Century paradigm that many of us tend to give it.
There is a spectrum that demands that context be sought, ranging from how to treat a slave right, through the compulsory freeing of a slave after 7 years, through to advising slaves to gain their freedom if they can, through to the sheltering of a slave ~ and a lot more besides. Reading historical books on, for example, the Roman Empire, puts 1st century slavery in a completely different light.
Like 'Heaven' and 'love' and plenty of other words, 'slavery' can't just be distilled into a singular word with only one meaning {the same meaning} every time it crops up.

None of the biblical writers advocate the enslavement of Black people. I don't know where you get your notions from sometimes.
Now, slavery is spoken about across the various documents that make up the Bible, but not in any one specific way. Each of the statements have to be taken in their context, the context the particular writer gives it, rather than squeezed into the 20th/21st Century paradigm that many of us tend to give it.
There is a spectrum that demands that context be sought, ranging from how to treat a slave right, through the compulsory freeing of a slave after 7 years, through to advising slaves to gain their freedom if they can, through to the sheltering of a slave ~ and a lot more besides. Reading historical books on, for example, the Roman Empire, puts 1st century slavery in a completely different light.
Like 'Heaven' and 'love' and plenty of other words, 'slavery' can't just be distilled into a singular word with only one meaning {the same meaning} every time it crops up.
Can you not just please agree that the bible is completly oudated and does absolutely nothing for us all to move forward and have social and racial equality in our modern progressive and reasonable world. What does the bible say about gay people and how women are treated? You are fucking crazy man... you wish for equal rights for all black people and equality but you defend this fucking book of hatred man!! I just do not get it bro

Can you not just please agree that the bible is completly oudated and does absolutely nothing for us all to move forward and have social and racial equality in our modern progressive and reasonable world. What does the bible say about gay people and how women are treated? You are fucking crazy man... you wish for equal rights for all black people and equality but you defend this fucking book of hatred man!! I just do not get it bro
I think you are just devils advocate of something you have no belief in just to prove you are much more intelligent than the respondant. Well yes Grim, ok you more intilligent than me

No.
Is it outdated to live by a code that says "treat other people the way you want to be treated" ?

There are many things you clearly don't get.
Well for instance... the bible says you shall not lie down with a man. So are against gays? That is your right to say so

I actually dont understand but I accept
Its a stupid book that has no understanding of how we have progressed as a race. You are just so full of contradiction. I actually really do not believe you think this way, I just think you are trying to prove that you are more clever than me... yes you are ok!!

Its a stupid book that has no understanding of how we have progressed as a race. You are just so full of contradiction. I actually really do not believe you think this way, I just think you are trying to prove that you are more clever than me... yes you are ok!!
We spoke about empire Grim, yes you made me think about my views and reassess them, I appreciate that.

But I just cannot reasses my views about humanity and how we take things forward in our world. To be one race one tribe one belief. I just can not

We spoke about empire Grim, yes you made me think about my views and reassess them, I appreciate that.
Here's an irony for you ~ I wouldn't have the views I have on the British Empire if it wasn't for God, God's impact on my existence and yes, many of the ideas and concepts found in "the Bible."
And now, into the realms of slumber I must go......

Lord?
Well that's what they call you
That's you're name where I was born

Lord?
Where are we going?
Where do you we go when we die from here?

People
Crazy people
Fighting and dying all over the world

Why do they do it?
Are they insane?
No no they do it in your name

They all say they know where they're going
But I'm not so sure they do
Like blind men at a roulette table
They they their lives out on a handful of rules
Are they doing the right thing
Or tell me Lord, tell me are they fools?

Lord?
Well that's what they call you
That's you're name where I was born

Lord?
Where are we going?
Where do you we go when we die from here?

People
Crazy people
Fighting and dying all over the world

Why do they do it?
Are they insane?
No no they do it in your name

They all say they know where they're going
But I'm not so sure they do
Like blind men at a roulette table
They they their lives out on a handful of rules
Are they doing the right thing
Or tell me Lord, tell me are they fools?
I will write an acoustic track. Give me 10 mins xxx

• Haha
Back