Oddball machine heads anyone?

As a machinist for over fifty years, if I were to draw a blueprint of a headstock I would have the top view (as the guitar lays on its back looking down at the neck),
a bottom view, and a side view. so to me, the tuning knobs stick out the side and the gearbox is on the bottom view. The bottom view would not be considered a
side in the trade so I apologize for my transgres
No its cool.

The Firebird I just traded for have these odd machine heads I have never seen before. I looked on ebay and reverb for a picture
and couldn't find one? The heads tuner knobs (or I think it is the lock) sits vertical to the headstock instead of sticking out the sides.
There is a cylindrical metal knob (the tuning knob I think) on the back of the neck. I will find or take a picture soon. Anyone know
who makes these, there is no brand name on them, priceless.
They are Kluson Firebird/Banjo 6-in-line Reissue Tuning Machines.

Kluson_Firebird_Reissue_Nickel_00_1400x.jpg

They are Kluson Firebird/Banjo 6-in-line Reissue Tuning Machines.

Kluson_Firebird_Reissue_Nickel_00_1400x.jpg
These are what is on the guitar now. There were different tuners on it at one time and I don't know what they were
but there is no doubt they are these. I just took all the strings off and am waiting for a .009 set to come in the mail.
I have played with .01s for years and just want to try something lighter, I'm getting old.
b.jpg

Back