Best Laptop options for Pro Tools 8.0.5

• Thread starter Deleted member 203901
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 203901

Hi, I wanted to get your recommendations on a new suitable laptop to install Pro Tools version 8.0.5. I bought pro tools version 8 quite and while ago and have been using it on my Dell laptop(s) ever since (they had windows 7 , Windows 10, etc). But, since my current laptop is about to die (been constantly getting that dreaded "blue screen of death" message and most recently in the middle of a Pro tools session) I've never really been a Mac guy, but if it goes great with pro tools 8.0.5 I'll be open to it (But I should mention that I've never used a Mac computer before and I'm not sure if learning to operate a Mac will take a lot of time :)). I've found that with dell laptops, even after RAM memory additions/upgrades...I've always gotten lots of errors and "system not responding" type messages...not to mention the slow responses and sometimes, lots of important session automations being skipped, especially in the middle of longer extended session (BTW, what is the optimum RAM memory for running Pro tools 8.0.5 efficiently?)...Another question I had is this: How do I transfer all the presets that I've made in the plugins and the virtual instruments when I finally install/start using pro tools 8.0.5 on my new laptop (whichever I end up buying) Thanks so much in advance!

Hi, I wanted to get your recommendations on a new suitable laptop to install Pro Tools version 8.0.5. I bought pro tools version 8 quite and while ago and have been using it on my Dell laptop(s) ever since (they had windows 7 , Windows 10, etc). But, since my current laptop is about to die (been constantly getting that dreaded "blue screen of death" message and most recently in the middle of a Pro tools session) I've never really been a Mac guy, but if it goes great with pro tools 8.0.5 I'll be open to it (But I should mention that I've never used a Mac computer before and I'm not sure if learning to operate a Mac will take a lot of time :)). I've found that with dell laptops, even after RAM memory additions/upgrades...I've always gotten lots of errors and "system not responding" type messages...not to mention the slow responses and sometimes, lots of important session automations being skipped, especially in the middle of longer extended session (BTW, what is the optimum RAM memory for running Pro tools 8.0.5 efficiently?)...Another question I had is this: How do I transfer all the presets that I've made in the plugins and the virtual instruments when I finally install/start using pro tools 8.0.5 on my new laptop (whichever I end up buying) Thanks so much in advance!
Also, I forgot to mention that I use the Mbox Mini 2 interface with my pro tools 8.0.5! I was also wondering if upgrading to a newer or better interface would be necessary?

Back