On Second Thought

Probably, or for the most part, but I guess credit given owning up to the insanity.

Describing yourself as a liberal, what does that mean, in your eyes? If not hypocrite and jerk, what does it mean, to you?
LOL

You remind me of the time I worked at Toys 'R' Us briefly in my 20s. I saw a man and his young boy looking for something, so I asked if I could help. He looked at me and then, with palpable disdain, said, "No thank you." So I walked to the next isle to continue my work and heard the boy say, "Daddy, why did that man have long hair?" "Well," the father said, "it's probably because he drinks alcohol and takes drugs." LOL As if I used to have short hair, but one night, I drank some alcohol and took some drugs, and the next morning my hair was long. 😁

Cool story, bro. The kid had never seen a guy with long hair, okay.

Speaking of made up stories, have you heard the one about the princess and the pea.

Cool story, bro. The kid had never seen a guy with long hair, okay.

Speaking of made up stories, have you heard the one about the princess and the pea.
It wasn't made up, but anyway. If you thought the story was about the kid, I think you missed the point.

Yes, I'm familiar with the Princess and the Pea.

Last edited:
The point? I judged or mischaracterized someone based upon appearance? I don't think so, although appearance can be indicative of, something. Stereotypical, one might say.

If someone says, "I am a liberal", is it a bogus stereotype to make the reasonable assumption that they adhere to a particular ideology? An ideology that in my estimation has gone off the rails into batshit insane and is causing & responsible for instability across the globe. There's always a pea, rather in actuality, imagined, or concocted out of whole clothe, while totally and at times purposely failing to recognize they have shit the bed. "The pea, the pea!", they screech and wail, smeared in excrement, wallowing in filth of their own making. Everything would be resolved, all is well, if it wasn't for that dang pea. But it will never be resolved, there will always be a pea. Always.

There is darkness on the horizon. Things are going to get dark. Darkness spewing forth from the bowels of "liberalism".

The point? I judged or mischaracterized someone based upon appearance? I don't think so, although appearance can be indicative of, something. Stereotypical, one might say.

If someone says, "I am a liberal", is it a bogus stereotype to make the reasonable assumption that they adhere to a particular ideology? An ideology that in my estimation has gone off the rails into batshit insane and is causing & responsible for instability across the globe. There's always a pea, rather in actuality, imagined, or concocted out of whole clothe, while totally and at times purposely failing to recognize they have shit the bed. "The pea, the pea!", they screech and wail, smeared in excrement, wallowing in filth of their own making. Everything would be resolved, all is well, if it wasn't for that dang pea. But it will never be resolved, there will always be a pea. Always.

There is darkness on the horizon. Things are going to get dark. Darkness spewing forth from the bowels of "liberalism".
Interesting take. LOL

I would say that "batshit insane" is hardly a label to which the left has sole claim.

https://www.kwtx.com/2022/10/05/you...zkk-C6504DHS3N2mdDvUm5PNS5zyFQJp09c_IO2kZkgWs

It always cracks me up when the conservatives bitch about libs being snowflakes, when they elected the biggest snowflake of all time. I mean, honestly ... is there more of a whiny, thin-skinned, little bitch than Trump? Even when he wins, he bitches and whines like a little girl. <sigh> But I digress...

I lean left but I support the second amendment and don't support transgender athletes, so, stereotype that.

Interesting take. LOL

I would say that "batshit insane" is hardly a label to which the left has sole claim.

https://www.kwtx.com/2022/10/05/you...zkk-C6504DHS3N2mdDvUm5PNS5zyFQJp09c_IO2kZkgWs

It always cracks me up when the conservatives bitch about libs being snowflakes, when they elected the biggest snowflake of all time. I mean, honestly ... is there more of a whiny, thin-skinned, little bitch than Trump? Even when he wins, he bitches and whines like a little girl. <sigh> But I digress...

And there's your pea de jour.

Trump is not President, now, any longer. The aforementioned impending darkness, own it.

Speaking of snowflakes, winter is nearly upon us. Speaking of LOLs, it makes one wonder if these smug libs are LOLing now.

And if we must take a glimpse down memory lane, and apparently we must, one man's whine is another man's incessant truth of foreboding ill advised policy resulting in disaster for the German people. Germany is fucked, and having shirked on duly compensating their own security through NATO, how much are they handing over to the infamously corrupt government in Ukraine now. Pray they can maintain illumination as they count the cold cash.

And there's your pea de jour.

Trump is not President, now, any longer. The aforementioned impending darkness, own it.

Speaking of snowflakes, winter is nearly upon us. Speaking of LOLs, it makes one wonder if these smug libs are LOLing now.

And if we must take a glimpse down memory lane, and apparently we must, one man's whine is another man's incessant truth of foreboding ill advised policy resulting in disaster for the German people. Germany is fucked, and having shirked on duly compensating their own security through NATO, how much are they handing over to the infamously corrupt government in Ukraine now. Pray they can maintain illumination as they count the cold cash.

Sorry, but I haven't been following Germany, and it would take a bit too much time right now to research it enough to offer an educated opinion on it. So I'll take your word for it.

Here's the bottom line for me. If you want to label half the country as hypocrites and jerks just because they call themselves liberals, then you're free to do so. That doesn't sound like a good idea to me, and that's not how I choose to live my life. And it doesn't sound like a good way to grow as a country, either. But that's just my opinion, of course. You're free to conduct yourself as you see fit - just as everyone else (liberal or conservative) is.

I want to label half the country? What were you saying about conservatives who elected Trump?

As far as free to do so, no, increasingly I am not. We are not. Just for instance, "liberal" California has banned the sale of gasoline powered vehicles come 2035. For those paying attention this means Californians will not be free to purchase a gas powered automobile for personal use, nor can trucking companies that transport goods, such as food. Auto manufacturers take note and alter production. This alteration creates a ripple effect across the country, diminishing everybody's freedom.

Electric vehicles are the answer, they say. Electric vehicles, powered by electricity, of which there is a growing shortage and thus expense.

Did I mention that liberals are batshit insane?

I want to label half the country? What were you saying about conservatives who elected Trump?

As far as free to do so, no, increasingly I am not. We are not. Just for instance, "liberal" California has banned the sale of gasoline powered vehicles come 2035. For those paying attention this means Californians will not be free to purchase a gas powered automobile for personal use, nor can trucking companies that transport goods, such as food. Auto manufacturers take note and alter production. This alteration creates a ripple effect across the country, diminishing everybody's freedom.

Electric vehicles are the answer, they say. Electric vehicles, powered by electricity, of which there is a growing shortage and thus expense.

Did I mention that liberals are batshit insane?
What the hell does any of this have to do with you being free to label half the country as jerks or hypocrites? None of what you said infringes upon that right.

As far as conservatives, I didn't label anyone (other than "conservatives"). I said they elected a snowflake. That's all I said. Am I lying?

I also implied, by the videos I posted and my comment, that there are some batshit insane conservatives, too.

What the hell does any of this have to do with you being free to label half the country as jerks or hypocrites? None of what you said infringes upon that right.

As far as conservatives, I didn't label anyone (other than "conservatives"). I said they elected a snowflake. That's all I said. Am I lying?

I also implied, by the videos I posted and my comment, that there are some batshit insane conservatives, too.

You said you were a liberal. I asked what does being a liberal mean to you. What the hell does Trump have to do with your assertion or that question?

You said you were a liberal. I asked what does being a liberal mean to you. What the hell does Trump have to do with your assertion or that question?
This is getting silly.

So, your question about what being a liberal means to me was serious? Even when you framed it liked this?

"Describing yourself as a liberal, what does that mean, in your eyes? If not hypocrite and jerk, what does it mean, to you?"

Ok ... well. This is what it means to me. It means that I'm a grown man with a lifetime of experiences. I happen to lean left on most issues when it comes to politics. I believe in treating people kindly and with compassion. I believe as we learn more, we try to improve.

I don't believe it makes me a jerk or a hypocrite (anymore than the fact that we're all hypocrites at some level I'm sure). I'm a nice person, and I try to do what I think is right.

I'm completely imperfect, though, and I make lots of mistakes. When I make a mistake, I try to own up to it and/or apologize.

I thought it was clear why I brought up Trump. You mentioned the "Princess and the Pea" and linked it to liberals being snowflakes. I was pointing out the irony that conservatives, many of whom love to call liberals snowflakes, elected one themselves.

Back